Discussion topic: Tennis on sky in 24

This message was authored by Lorraine+C+C This message was authored by: Lorraine+C+C

Re: Tennis 2024

I meant WTA matches

This message was authored by NYA42924 This message was authored by: NYA42924

Re: Disgusted with Sky securing a 5 year contract for WTA and ATP tennis from 2024. Unfortunately Am

We were spoiled for choice with Amazon Prime besides, the programmes were well structured with exact time slot. Unlike Sky they've  added tennis as part of their Main Events.

Re: Tennis on Sky Sports

It's all about the money with Sky they don't have any interest in the sport and they don't care about the fans. I cancelled my sky sport subscription when I realised it wasn't value for money.

I cancelled my sport subcription without any cost.

Yes you can that's what I used to cancel my subscription. I told them I have fulfilled my part of the contract by paying but they have sorrowful failed on their service delivery and promise.

This message was authored by WilliamBoyd This message was authored by: WilliamBoyd

Re: Tennis on sky in 24

@Martym890

Wimbledon is a so-called "listed event" and as such the BBC is obliged to provide subscription free (bar the license fee of course) coverage for it. Last year it was quite decent with all courts covered but lacking the convenience of Prime or Discovery. To be fair I think their coverage was the best they could provide given their constraints and by the second week starting with Quarter Finals we had individual coverage of matches. I don't think they provided junior coverage, of interest to the real tennis aficionados, and I think just limited coverage of wheelchair events as I recall. Might be wrong about that.

The issue here is that Sky has obtained the WTA/ATP rights and all the signs so far are that they plan to hoard most of it for whatever commercial reasons might apply. The Radacanu comeback, of massive interest to UK woman's tennis fans is due 03:45 tonight at Auckland WTA and hopefully it will indeed be streamed as Sky has promised. But the fact is the Sky Sport schedules only promise Brisbane presently and only very informed tennis fans will be aware of the possibility of Emma's comeback being streamed. I shall record the eleven or so hours on offer tonight and look through it tomorrow to see if Emma's comeback is indeed streamed.

If not then that's a pretty clear sign that Sky is not genuinely interested in promoting UK tennis and that would be a disgrace which I do think ought to interest regulators.

As much as I like Emma Raducanu and I follow her, she shouldn't be a factor in the thoughts of Sky in deciding how tennis fans should watch the sport. She's not the only tennis player in the world therefore Sky should remind themselves of the promises they made and fulfill it. Oh how I miss Amazon Prime.

This message was authored by Trips+out This message was authored by: Trips+out

Let is remind ourselves what sky said in their press release. Sky Sports' coverage will be led by presenter Gigi Salmon, alongside Tim Henman and Laura Robson who will offer their expert analysis and insights across the two tours, with Jonathan Overend on the match commentary.

This message was authored by RichAA1 This message was authored by: RichAA1

@WilliamBoyd 

It seems recording is the only way to watch the Aussie tennis season since it will all be in the UK early hours. Is recording only available using Sky Q or can you record or add to watch list from the guide using Sky Stream? I assume you can't record if just watching via NOW?

This message was authored by WilliamBoyd This message was authored by: WilliamBoyd

@RichAA1

I'm recording on my Sky box.  

I don't know about NOW. It would be the height of absurdity if NOW offered facilities not available on the Sky box.

This message was authored by Trips+out This message was authored by: Trips+out

Some useful information about sky sports studio coverage this will occur at the following events. The combined 1000 events Indian wells, Miami, Madrid, Rome and Cincinnati. Plus at the nitro atp finals and WTA finals. It been confirmed via the press release that Jonathan Overend willl be on the match commentary.

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Gutted as I only bought Sky subscription to follow Raducanu's journey back .... It's been mis-sold! 

This message was authored by FranTennisFan This message was authored by: FranTennisFan

@Anonymous I'm watching last night's recording of MainEvent and an Auckland match is included with Brisbane coverage so I'm guessing Raducanu's match will be available 😊

This message was authored by RichAA1 This message was authored by: RichAA1

Re: Sky’s Disastrous US Open Tennis Coverage

@Trips+out 

Totally agree with you. The feedback and general negativity around Sky's US Open coverage has been totally ignored. All that seems to have happened is that tennis has been added as a channel filler. Even when the studio coverage happens I don't expect much different from the US Open coverage. Court coverage will probably be available via the Red button, but only live, no catch up sadly. It seems Sky aren't interested in giving tennis fans what they want.

@FranTennisFan 

It's true they covered a little of the Amanda Anisimova match at Auckland while they waited for the Daria Saville match at Brisbane to start. Probably (hopefully) they will cover the Raducanu match as promised, but the schedules still says Brisbane and only the most knowledgeable fans will be aware of it.

I'm not going to see Coco Gauff at Auckland tonight. I've been following her the past two years and her progres winning the US Open end of 2023.  I'm not going to see how she starts the new season. That's a loss.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion