Discussion topic: Tennis on sky in 24

This message was authored by Trips+out This message was authored by: Trips+out

Re: Tennis on sky in 24

Hi sky community 

just to let you all know that  Andy Murray 🆚 Grigor Dimitrov  is on sky sports main event at 8:30am tomorrow morning. Hopefully the sky sports commentator might be in place by then.

This message was authored by WilliamBoyd This message was authored by: WilliamBoyd

Tennis on Sky Sports

Amazon Prime has left WTA and ATP tennis coverage and Sky Sports has taken it over. It's clear their coverage is going to be very inferior by comparision. WTA Auckland Open is not being broadcast. I will miss the Gauff v Liu match 21:00 tonight 31 December. That's massively annoying. Sky are claiming they will stream live Raducanu v Ruse 21:00 tomorow 1 January 2024, but I see no indication of that in the schedules. Sky need to up their game here. 

When Prime dropped tennis I immediately cancelled my £95 annual subscription and took a refund on the remaining time. I will cancel my Sky Sports subscription equally if  Sky Sports don't deliver on the rights they've poached: every ATP and WTA match across all the courts Live and Watch Again on demand. Otherwise I'm off.  I'm not prepared to subsidize the rights scam.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Tennis on Sky Sports

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@WilliamBoyd 

I've moved your post from the Sky Talk board as that's for landline phone issues. I'm afraid threatening to cancel your subscription won't get Sky to alter their planned coverage. You won't be able to cancel your Sports subscription anyway if you're in a discounted minimum term. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by WilliamBoyd This message was authored by: WilliamBoyd

Hi Daniel. Thank you for responsing. I did look for a suitable forum, couldn't find one in the drop down list.

That's not a 'threat' to cancel subscription. It's just a matter of fact what I'm going to do because I'm sick of chasing around streaming services. Just the commercial reality of the situation. I take your point about minimum term. Once released I'll be off if Sky doesn't deliver the goods on these rights. To repeat I'm not seeing WTA Auckland Gauff v  Liu 21:00 tonight and feel cheated about that. I doubt I'll be able to watch Raducanu v Ruse same time tommorow whatever Sky Sports has claimed to the contrary. Pretty sure it's not going to happen and Sky Sports will lose my goodwill if it doesn't.

This message was authored by Ryanbcfc1 This message was authored by: Ryanbcfc1

@Daniel0210 @WilliamBoyd 

Hi there!

I'm also annoyed by the coverage... Lack of it and lack of transparency from sky at the moment.

I wanted to touch on what you said about not being able to cancel during your contract term

, whilst I get this couldn't myself as a sky customer ask for cancellation if I feel I have been lied to before taking out the subscription.

For example on there announcement on the tennis deal (https://www.skysports.com/tennis/news/12110/12981654/sky-sports-to-show-exclusive-atp-wta-tennis-wit...)

They provided the following key points of the deal:

A) More than 80 tournaments broadcast live every year.

B) Over 4,000 matches available to fans across the season.

C) Partnership includes the ATP Finals and WTA Finals, all Masters 1000s, 500s and 250 events (excluding domestic events) and the Next Gen ATP Finals.

If straight away Auckland isn't being shown (which is a WTA250 event) then that's breaching the last point straight away.

Further more, its saying 4000 games available that's an average of 50 games per tournament which pretty much = all the games being available, yet that's not the case.

So again can't I use this proof and say provide it or let me cancel during my term, they are not proving the service I was sold.

Thanks !

Actually, to be afir I'm in error saying the Gauff match is on tonight. It's tomorrow when Auckland officially starts. I'll be monitoring Sky Sports coverage closely. Thanks for your remarks.

This message was authored by RichAA1 This message was authored by: RichAA1

@WilliamBoyd @Ryanbcfc1 

The Sky tennis listings are here:

https://www.skysports.com/watch/tennis-on-sky

The only reference to Auckland is for the Final a 2 hour highlights programme.

No catch up, just live Brisbane tennis at 01:30 and 04:30 if you fancy staying up all night!!!

Hi Rich. Thanks for that. Page bookmarked and very much appreciated.

This link https://www.skysports.com/tennis/news/12110/13039459/emma-raducanu-confident-ahead-of-return-at-auck... , just a day old, very definitely says that the Raducanu comeback match will be televised live (scroll down to the end): "The Auckland Classic begins on Monday, with Raducanu's comeback match to be shown live on Sky Sports."

But I don't see it the schedules or in your webpage. If it doesn't happen I'll post again to discuss with the community how to proceed. Personally I'd like to see Ofcom investigate Sky's acquisition of the ATP/WTA rights. What was promised and will they deliver?

Further to this, I see that it refers to a channel Sky Sports Arena. But I can't find that. Anyone help?

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Sky sports Arena become Sky Sports Darts whilst the world championship is on. It does this every December. It will be back as Sky Sports Arena within the next week.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Hi Mark. Thanks for that. Lets hope there will be a Sky Sports Tennis channel soon.

This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

@WilliamBoyd wrote:

. Personally I'd like to see Ofcom investigate Sky's acquisition of the ATP/WTA rights. What was promised and will they deliver?

Under Ofcom rules, what have sky breached?

Or do you mean Advertising Standards?

The season is 1 day old, I don't think there is enough days to suggest that they won't show 80 competitions.

---------
ROI sky Q Customer
This message was authored by Ana17 This message was authored by: Ana17

Tennis coverage brisbane

Sky sports live tennis from brisbane showing only one court, is this the way how sky will show tennis in the future or will it be possible to choose wich match i want to watch like i could on amazon prime , the only reason i signed up for sky sport is tennis but it's not worth the money 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Tennis coverage brisbane

@Ana17 

Your post has been moved into a thread already discussing tennis coverage. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

Re: Tennis coverage brisbane

@Ana17 I rejoined Sky Sports to watch the US Open. I closed my Amazon Prime account when I saw Sky had acquired the ATP/WTA rights, but it does look as if Sky's coverage is going to be very limited as you say.

A good test will be the Raducanu comeback at Aukland scheduled for 03:45 tonight. Sky has said it will broadcast this live but I don't see it in the schedules. 

My fear is that Sky simply doesn't have the resources to air these events it has acquired, to the detriment of individual players like Raducanu and to British tennis as a whole.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion