Discussion topic: Tennis on sky in 24

This message was authored by Martym890 This message was authored by: Martym890

Re: How will tennis coverage work from 2024?

@nolte 

Sky doesn't have the Australian or French open rights though - which will be on the other channel you mention including Eurosport (Eurosport 1 and 2) which you can watch on your Sky platform. So  the 3 weeks of AO qualifying and the AO itself won't be provided by Sky but you can watch on your Sky menu via Eurosport. 

This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Martym890 wrote:

@nolte 

Sky doesn't have the Australian or French open rights though - which will be on the other channel you mention including Eurosport (Eurosport 1 and 2) which you can watch on your Sky platform. So  the 3 weeks of AO qualifying and the AO itself won't be provided by Sky but you can watch on your Sky menu via Eurosport. 

I have no idea why you tagged me

---------
ROI sky Q Customer

Because you said you shouldn't have needed discovery+ for the US open.

But I was merely pointing out - as it may be of more immediate relevance - is that you will need eurosport/discovery+ to watch the AO in less than two weeks and the FO in May. The US open is eight months away.

Sorry for tagging you - but it was in response to your post. Tennis is in Australia mode for the next month - and where to watch the AO is therefore key for tennis fans.

This message was authored by tennisfan This message was authored by: tennisfan

Re: Tennis on demand not just live

Thank you. I've just bought Tennis Tv for 13 months for £99.99. The coverage of the United Cup is great which I am currently watching. I'll have to live without watching the WTA matches in 2024 because Sky's expensive offering is just not good enough!

@tennisfan 

Tennis tv is a good alternative as you say - as it includes United Cup and the ATP tour. But no women's events bar United cup which is a mixed event. 

As well as the annual package for £99.99 they also do a month on month £9.99 subscription. Its owned by the ATP - hence why its allowed to offer this. 

Sky is better for live coverage/on your tv (as we are on Sky forum!!).

This message was authored by Dannyboy112 This message was authored by: Dannyboy112

Re: Tennis on sky in 24

re had better be starting of Tennis before March  - BRISBANE STARTS IN A COUPLE OF DAYS!

Amazon Prime have pulled out and we tennis fans don't want a big gap JUST IN THE UK in coverage when tournaments are constant right between now and November 2024.

Not happy.

This message was authored by Dannyboy112 This message was authored by: Dannyboy112

Re Tennisin 2024.

I was told that it will be a separate channel. Priced as a single Sky Sports add-on. Just that Sky are keeping annoyingly quiet re when and on which channel number.  

This message was authored by Trips+out This message was authored by: Trips+out

I don't think that is going to happen just because it won't be fair.

This message was authored by Trips+out This message was authored by: Trips+out

Hi all

i have just been told by someone on x Twitter the following information about sky sports tennis.

question 

Is it possible for sky sports to charge extra for sky sports tennis as an add on?

Answer From  March Tennis fans can watch Tennis for £18 pm - only on Sky when Sky Sports Tennis launch.

This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

@Trips+out wrote:

Hi all

i have just been told by someone on x Twitter the following information about sky sports tennis.

question 

Is it possible for sky sports to charge extra for sky sports tennis as an add on?

Answer From  March Tennis fans can watch Tennis for £18 pm - only on Sky when Sky Sports Tennis launch.

Which is the same as the other individual sports channels, so as you would expect. 

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD

I have found the answer. Tennis will be carried from Sunday on channel 416 which is Sky Sports Mix.

Also the Sky woman who dealt with my previous question suggested that to cope with multi-court events you should sign onto the website and hop from court to court. 

Brisbane can therefore be seen on Sky. Not sure if you have to pay the £18 or do they switch tyou on and then increase your package.

Dan 

This message was authored by bedroc This message was authored by: bedroc

United cup on Tennis channel, ATP and WTA masters and 500's Sky, French = Discovery, US open Sky, Aussie open= Discovery.

Added to which I'm on Now TV which is I assume rarely will have more than access to one match as there is no red button access.

Also ads at every change of ends means little analysis

In hindsight Prime will be seen as the golden age of tennis coverage

This message was authored by MRY-20 This message was authored by: MRY-20

I'm a sky customer (18 yrs) but only interested in tennis, so not interested in watching other sports (ie Sky channel), I would happily pay for the tennis channel only, but I feel unfair having to pay for sky sport (that include other sports) when I'm not interested!. Waste of money... any solution?

This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

@MRY-20 wrote:

I'm a sky customer (18 yrs) but only interested in tennis, so not interested in watching other sports (ie Sky channel), I would happily pay for the tennis channel only, but I feel unfair having to pay for sky sport (that include other sports) when I'm not interested!. Waste of money... any solution?

I don't know if it's changed or if it's the same across all platforms but, historically, you've been able to subscribe to single Sports channels. 

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

I understand that later this year ( i believe i've heard March as the rumoured month) Sky will be launching a Sky Sports Tennis channel to show the tennis on. Similar to Sky Sports F1, Sky Sports NFL etc you should then you able to subscribe for £18/month (unless they have a deal on) to the Sky Sports Tennis channel. 

As they are waiting until March to launch i wonder if the Sky Sports NFL channel will be renamed to Sky Sports Tennis in order to become the dedication tennis channel.

To be honest, if there are no deals on its usually cheaper to just subscribe to all of the Sky Sports package, as you can probably get that for about £20/month under an 18-month minimum term contract.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion