Discussion topic: Tennis on sky in 24

This message was authored by Timelord2018 This message was authored by: Timelord2018

Re: Tennis on sky in 24

Yes testing 2 SD & 2 HD channels for UK & Ireland under the Sports genre appeared at the end of November, although I not sure if has been any active feeds on it yet, is it connected to the closure of E! ?

This message was authored by tiddsa9 This message was authored by: tiddsa9

Is the Collins match on any channel? I can't find it and have really been wanting to watch that one. Feel like weve gone back a few years coverage wise

This message was authored by RichAA1 This message was authored by: RichAA1

@NYA42924 

I agree. Have you considered emailing the WTA about it? I read that when Sky had the tennis rights before Amazon, it was still possible to access WTA tennis tv but that got blocked after and has remained so. It's a travesty that we can't follow our favourite WTA players anymore and have to just watch what we're given. 

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

I wonder if Sky will take this on board and improve the coverage. It's very disappointing that they don't have the multi screen availability.  Bring back Amazon coverage. Customers want the choice of which match to watch, not a game decided by Sky

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

I am absolutely shocked by how awful sky sports coverage is of the tennis. No on demand and no replays. Amazon prime was by far superior. The WTA have basically destroyed women's tennis (more than they have done already) with this decision. I have never had a sky subscription before and unless the coverage improves, after this initial contract is done, I will never have a subscription again. 

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

@Anonymous It's rather sad. On F1 they have multi screens so not sure why they can't have it on tennis. They even used to have it on the main event channel and that has disappeared as well

This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@NYA42924 wrote:

Same here 

@NYA42924 Nobody knows who you are agreeing with if you don't either quote or @ them

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD

No replays of the Brisbane tennis ?

Can't seem to find any replays of the tennis In Brisbane.   So is it only the live events you can watch ?

This message was authored by Martym890 This message was authored by: Martym890

Re: No replays of the Brisbane tennis ?

@Anonymous 

It is live only - there is no catch up or on demand on Sky sports for any sport (bar it seems F1 - which is one event once a week) and that includes tennis.

If you miss it live - you miss it forever!

If you want on demand/catch up you need to sign up to tennistv.com - its £9.99 per month with no minimum term (I would recommend this to start with to see how it works for you) or £99.99 a year. They do have some free videos (just register for a free account) - so you can check it out first. They have an app but it can also be watched via a browser etc as well as via most smart tvs or amazon fire stick.

There can be some tech issues in some cases - hence why I recommend the one month option to start with once you have checked out the free videos. You can cancel any time online (no need to phone up like Sky!) up to your monthly renewal date and only get charged for that month.

But it is ATP only - so no women's events. 

Of course you could wait until the AO is over - as that is on discovery/eurosport. Discovery+ costs £7 a month for multi court and catch up - with qualifying starting Monday. If you sign up for tennis tv now you will only get two weeks tennis - before a two week break for the AO as they don't cover that. But two weeks catch up/on demand on tennis tv is better than nothing!

https://www.tennistv.com/

Is there an equivalent for women's tennis as I only really watch women's tennis. I'd there was, I'd try and cancel sky sports now during the cooling off time and not bother with sky. 

This message was authored by Ana17 This message was authored by: Ana17

There is a wta tennis tv but i am not sure you can watch in ireland or uk

This message was authored by tennisfan This message was authored by: tennisfan

I bought Tennis TV 4 days ago... All ATP matches are covered and all have replays BUT as I can only watch on an Amazon fire stick or an Android TV, I cannot rewind or go fast forward. It's posted on tennis TVs ' known problems' page, that there is an issue with this on these devices and so far in spite of sending them three messages I have had no answer as to how long this is going to be before or if it is fixed.

I can only go fast forward or rewind if I watch on my tablet. It was fabulous to watch Rafa's come back singles match though!

@Ana17 

I think WTA tennis tv is geo blocked. I don't know if there is an app. I tried going in online and it said not available. I am going to email WTA 

This message was authored by Ana17 This message was authored by: Ana17

Not all atp matches are covered  !

The fast forward isn't working for a very long time !

If you send them complaints and you are lucky to get a response they  never response to your questions! 

@tennisfan 

I may try Tennis tv. I thought though if you have the spoiler alert enabled it wouldn't allow you to fast forward as that would show the match duration?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion