Discussion topic: Sport - TNT

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Sport - TNT

Why has Sky decided to show Premiership matches such as this evenings "Man C vs Newcastle" on TNT  rather than Sport PL ?

Could the reason be financial ?

I hope this is a one off - because otherwise it seems pointless me paying for Sport

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Sport - TNT

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Anonymous  Sky won't have "decided" to show them on  a competitors channel, TNT will have the rights to show it, Sky won't

You are aware that TNT are not part of or owned by Sky  in any form they are a seperate company.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

The rights as sold by the Premier league are as follows

Split of UK live rights for 2022 to 2025 are Sky sports

128 matches per seasonn consisting of:
Package B 32 matches at Saturday 17:30
Package C 24 matches at Sunday 14:00 and eight matches at Saturday 19:45
Package D 32 matches at Sunday 16:30
Package E 24 matches at Monday 20:00 or Friday 19:30–20:00 and eight matches at Sunday 14:00

Bt sports (now tnt sports)

52 matches per season consisting of
Package A 32 matches at Saturday 12:30
Package G 15 matches from two midweek fixture programmes and five matches from the split weekend

Amazon Prime Video

Package F 20 matches per season from one Bank Holiday and one midweek fixture programme

Looking at fixtures on premier leagues website, this seems to be the split weekend (as stated in Package g)

---------
ROI sky Q Customer
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Anonymous wrote:

I hope this is a one off - because otherwise it seems pointless me paying for Sport

It's not possible to watch anything like all the broadcast PL matches with just a Sky Sports subscription and hasn't been for years: that was the choice of the PL not to permit any one platform to bid for a complete set of rights.  For the past four seasons these have been split between Sky, BT and Amazon: going forward it's Sky and TNT after Amazon declined renewal and BT sold their Sport brand to Warner Bros Discovery Inc.

Sky still pays out well over a billion pounds per season for their subset of match rights, though, so your subscription is appreciated...

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Anonymous wrote:

Could the reason be financial ?

Every decision relating to the PL is financial: any sporting activity is purely coincidental and frankly something of a distraction.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion