Discussion topic: Sky sports tennis UHD?

This message was authored by Trips+out This message was authored by: Trips+out

Sky sports tennis UHD?

Hi sky community 

is sky sports tennis (when launched) going to have a sky sports tennis UHD channel?.

thanks

Ben 

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Sky sports tennis UHD?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Trips+out  I'd guess they would use one of the available UHD channels when not being used for other sports events rather than a dedicated UHD channel.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

@GD1 wrote:

@Trips+out  I'd guess they would use one of the available UHD channels when not being used for other sports events rather than a dedicated UHD channel.

This is a good point.

I expect a good bit of coverage will be be simulcast on sky sports main event (and thus the uhd channel), particularly when matches are played on Monday to Fridays afternoons as the thing is, there isn't a lot of sport on I the middle of work week, maybe golf on Thursday & Friday, cricket occasionally 

Weekends are harder as there is a lot more sport on at weekends

---------
ROI sky Q Customer
This message was authored by Doc5907 This message was authored by: Doc5907

@nolte wrote:

@GD1 wrote:

This is a good point.

I expect a good bit of coverage will be be simulcast on sky sports main event (and thus the uhd channel), particularly when matches are played on Monday to Fridays afternoons as the thing is, there isn't a lot of sport on I the middle of work week, maybe golf on Thursday & Friday, cricket occasionally 

Weekends are harder as there is a lot more sport on at weekends

Not that being on SkySpME UHD automatically makes it native 'proper' 4k resolution.

....................................................................................................................
Sky Q 1TB UHD
LG TV
Sky Mobile
BT Broadband
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Trips+out 

Worth remembering that for most tour events Sky won't be doing the court camera work: they will be taking the 'world feed' provide by the venue and if that's not 4K capture and production workflow then Sky cannot offer native UHD output.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion