Discussion topic: Sky replacing UK Customer Service Staff

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Re: Sky replacing UK Customer Service Staff

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@jimglg wrote:

If it says "Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee" I would be very suspicious they were Sky employees........ Replying at all hours, 40K plus posts.....And the funny bit, managing to get problems sorted when nobody can get through to customer services....... where do they get this hotline.....?

Why do they say not an employee....I'm not but I dont say it......................?

Why dont Sky just give an email........

Think I may be banned from this forum soon for some reason......

@jimglg they say not an employee as some people were getting mixed up and thinking superusers were employees so Sky added this to the superusers and if you see a Sky employee posting it will have a blue border round the post and say posted by a Sky employee

Super users are customers who have reached level 9 or higher and been invited to be a superuser hence the reason there are posts from superusers st all times if the day and night 

There are quite a few superuser who have posted 30k posts or more so it's not uncommon

Sky don't give out an email as they don't use email to allow customers to contact them quite a few firms have now removed email as a way for customers to contact them 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@jimglg wrote:

If it says "Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee" I would be very suspicious they were Sky employees........

@jimglg 

This link, found by clicking About at the top of the page explains

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Superusers/bd-p/meetthesuperusers

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@jimglg wrote:

Replying at all hours,

Yes, and I do get complaints about that at home

40K plus posts.....

Sad, isn't it?  I probably should get a rather more healthy outdoor hobby.

And the funny bit, managing to get problems sorted when nobody can get through to customer services....... where do they get this hotline.....?

Our input may lead to a solution simply because long term forum presence

means we understand some issues rather better than call centre staff (who are frequently only transient employees), or because we can apply wider experience: I've spent a quarter century doing hands-on computer networking, for example and that has application to both broadband and the television platforms.

Why do they say not an employee....I'm not but I dont say it......................?

Because it's a frequent accusation, and it's incorrect .  If I was in a Sky salary my wife would be considerably happier about the time I spend here, but I'd also have to be rather less disparaging about some aspects of Sky hardware and services.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte Answer

@jimglg wrote:

Replying at all hours

I wish sky customer service was as good as that.

Get to 5:30pm and a message "we're closed now, try again tomorrow"

---------
ROI sky Q Customer
This message was authored by daveNOS This message was authored by: daveNOS

Well fellow superusers it seems we must only supply help during standard office hours, seeing as one person here finds it suspicious we help at all hours(obviously they haven't considered different people have different schedules or free time), and its clearly a foreign concept of people helping others for free with zero agenda....

It says alot that it seen as suspicious to help people out nowadays, and that its easier to just throw out accusations,  quite sad really that this is where we are at.

-------- Please note i am not a Sky employee ----------
This message was authored by jimglg This message was authored by: jimglg

Guessed this would come back to bite me...... Never realised the forum had so many experts on sky Mobile customer services  and so many other  remodies for Skys failings...... Thank you for yor time Superusers.

This message was authored by japitts This message was authored by: japitts

@jimglg wrote:

Guessed this would come back to bite me...... Never realised the forum had so many experts on sky Mobile customer services  and so many other  remodies for Skys failings...... Thank you for yor time Superusers.

Most support fora have superusers to some degree. They are usually invite-only and chosen on the basis of long-term reliable postings and proven knowledge of the company's products & processes.

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia

Posted by a Sky employee

@jimglg wrote:

If it says "Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee" I would be very suspicious they were Sky employees........ Replying at all hours, 40K plus posts.....And the funny bit, managing to get problems sorted when nobody can get through to customer services....... where do they get this hotline.....?

Why dont Sky just give an email........

Think I may be banned from this forum soon for some reason......

Hi @jimglg 

As others have pointed out, Superusers are customers who enjoy spending their time, helping others.  There is no ulterior motive.  They are experts in our products & services. You'll find our website T&C's here, 2.5 confirms who and how staff members can post.

For everyone, we welcome healthy debate from all angles, however can we be mindful of the Community Guidelines please and should you need to raise a complaint for a Sky Product or Service, the steps are detailed at the foot of this web page.

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
This message was authored by MMQ This message was authored by: MMQ

Agree totally. Always had excellent service from Sky until this month. Overseas gentleman who did not have the amount of information that the UK agents used to have. Had the basics but no more. Used to enjoy my chats with the agents but it's not the same now. One reason I've stayed with Sky was great customer service. Will now rethink!

This message was authored by Karl851 This message was authored by: Karl851

I've left now. Paid up early and got out of my contract. They should of kept there original customer service. That was 10/10 and they always went out of there way to help. 

now it's just " please rate me a 10 for solving your problem " you didn't solve my problem so no. 

This message was authored by andy195 This message was authored by: andy195

Got a email saying sky bill going up by 15% to £86 pound,found this increase unreasonable so rang cs to

see if they could do a deal for this 25 year subscriber.the inian gentleman i spoke with came back after a 

couple of minutes and told me he could get my bill down to £93.left doumbfounded.bye  bye sky!!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion