Discussion topic: Sky replacing UK Customer Service Staff

This message was authored by ZyloKai This message was authored by: ZyloKai

Re: Sky replacing UK Costumer Service staff

@Daniel0210 wrote:

@ZyloKai 

Calls to Customer Services go through to the next available agent wherever they are based. 

Yes, but in the UK & Ireland, as both are English speaking countries, the next available agent may be in the UK or Ireland. Like I previously said, I've been connected to Sky in the UK before. 

~

@does+any+of+it+ma wrote:

Hope that continues for you, don't think it's xenophobic to highlight poor customer care? 

I was replying to the original post by @Jason+Golding. I just felt the comment is a little xenophobic. The way I read it was that Jason will leave Sky if a call is answered by a Bulgarian or Indian. As long as they are clear and concise (and Sky should ensure this), then I don't see the issue.

~

@TimmyBGood wrote:

@ZyloKai wrote:

Sky operates in United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Italy. Assumingly Sky has customer services in all of these countries. 

The global dominance of English as a second language does make it easier (and cheaper) to relocate customer service for the UK elsewhere, though, rather than, for example finding speakers of Italian or German.

Of course, but they are plenty of UK and Irish people who have a non-English European second language. I was saying that if Sky wanted to transfer their European call centres through the UK & Ireland, they could, and vice versa. 

~

@Mr+Ripley wrote:

@ZyloKai  If you notice in my post, I said I spoke to someone who is Indian. I never said I spoke to someone in India. If anything, it was the speed at which he spoke that I had an issue with.

I don't know what this is referring to as I was replying to Jason+Golding. However, I don't know if you asked the person to speak a little clearer or not, and if not, that's partially your own fault. You also could've asked to be transferred to someone else if you wanted. 

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

I just did a search for where Sky Customer Service is based and this thread came up. I am with Virgin and want to move because their offshore Customer Service is so appalling. Is Sky now based overseas? Because if so I'm not moving.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Anonymous wrote:

Is Sky now based overseas?

Sky Group itself became an overseas division of the US cable, studio and theme-park giant Comcast Corporation when Comcast outbid Disney in 2018.  It does appear that there's been an increasing use of non-UK contact centres since then, although Sky support still has presence in Livingston and Leeds.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Anonymous 

Customer Service location are in England, Scotland and also overseas. I've spoken to a couple of agents in India who were knowledgeable and helpful. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Anonymous I wouldn't use customer service locations as a base to choose your providers, as off-shoring the majority of customer services to third party call centres is pretty standard across the board now, as its so much cheaper for the companies to run.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by does+any+of+it+ma This message was authored by: does+any+of+it+ma

I agree, but no longer any reason to pay a premium for better customer services 

This message was authored by does+any+of+it+ma This message was authored by: does+any+of+it+ma

Yes I have as well, but also spoken to some where the communication barriers were insurmountable, they could not understand me & vis a versa

Yes most often connected to overseas, some good & some bad experiences and I'd only change if there was a price benefit  

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@does+any+of+it+ma it would help either to quote the post in your answer, or tag the author so that we know which post you're replying to.

This message was authored by Karl851 This message was authored by: Karl851

Re: Sky replacing UK Customer Service Staff

The customer service is disgusting now. My contract ends in a few weeks. And I kept hanging up hoping for an advisor , who could understand what I was saying and I could understand what they were saying. 

I was absolutely appalled with there service. They were more interested in myself rating them out of 10 and did they resolve my issue.

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

I don't think I'm going to bother with any complaints. I'm just going to cancel my contract and go with a new Television and Internet provider. 

until recently I've always praised Sky Customer service. You get threw quickly and the Advisor really went out of there way to help you. For example internet is down. There very clear in , there speaking and used to be extremely help full in talking you threw the troubleshoot issues. 
Now it's " I can't understand you you , but did I resolve your issue , rate me out of 10 " it's absolutely shocking. 

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Karl851 wrote:

I don't think I'm going to bother with any complaints. I'm just going to cancel my contract and go with a new Television and Internet provider. 

until recently I've always praised Sky Customer service. You get threw quickly and the Advisor really went out of there way to help you. For example internet is down. There very clear in , there speaking and used to be extremely help full in talking you threw the troubleshoot issues. 
Now it's " I can't understand you you , but did I resolve your issue , rate me out of 10 " it's absolutely shocking. 

FYI Most companies now offshore their customer services departments to places like eastern europe or India/Pakistan, so if you are having issues understanding the offshore customer services reps you will likely have the same issue with other big companies.

There are ways of dealing with offshore customers services if youa re finding the language barrier challenging. For instance, asking them to speak slower or asking them to summarise what your understanding of the conversation is at the end of the conversation to ensure everyone is on the same page. Most businesses are global nowdays and there are plenty of ways to overcome language barriers.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

I completely understand where your coming from. Most customer services are over seas now. 
But they were not helpful at all. I was talking very slowly , trying to explain my matter and the reply was " um um um um um , I don't know , can you rate me 10/10 for my service and please say I resolved your situation " 

The Language barrier did not help. And if it was still an English call centre I'd be here saying this. 

Sky customer service used to be 10/10. They would really go out of there way to resolve your situation. But from my recent experience I'm leaving. 

I wish it was so easy, but sadly it's not, for Sky their customer service used to be a reason to stay with them, well over 20 years for me, but that is no longer the case and I'll be leaving when my contract ends.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion