Discussion topic: Sky Sports on Samsung TV

This message was authored by Oldbean209990 This message was authored by: Oldbean209990

Sky Sports on Samsung TV

Hi

I will keep it short because this is an ongoing ask of sky but I'm now furious!!

Sky sports purchased the rights for all Tennis tournaments from Amazon for 2024 and like F1, you have to pay for the pleasure IN ADDITION TO EVERTHING ELSE of watching sports that are not football.

I have always been with sky and still pay £65 per month and also buy Sky sports for the F1.

My dad recently passed away an he had been a F1 Superfan all his life so when we were caring for him at home I needed to get it on TV so he could see it (it was the end of season too). I managed it but it was a nightmare but worth it.

Now my 84 yr old mum who is an obsessive tennis viewer cannot watch the tennis on her tv unless I use the laptops again etc etc:

The cost of living is hell for us all and all I want is to be able to use my subscription as she certainly can't afford it.  It's not hard Sky. Build an app that works.

She has a 7 year old smart Samsung TV.

To monopolise and steal from loyal customers is cheap.

Best regards

J

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Sky Sports on Samsung TV

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Oldbean209990 wrote:

Hi

I will keep it short because this is an ongoing ask of sky but I'm now furious!!

Sky sports purchased the rights for all Tennis tournaments from Amazon for 2024 and like F1, you have to pay for the pleasure IN ADDITION TO EVERTHING ELSE of watching sports that are not football.

I have always been with sky and still pay £65 per month and also buy Sky sports for the F1.

My dad recently passed away an he had been a F1 Superfan all his life so when we were caring for him at home I needed to get it on TV so he could see it (it was the end of season too). I managed it but it was a nightmare but worth it.

Now my 84 yr old mum who is an obsessive tennis viewer cannot watch the tennis on her tv unless I use the laptops again etc etc:

The cost of living is hell for us all and all I want is to be able to use my subscription as she certainly can't afford it.  It's not hard Sky. Build an app that works.

She has a 7 year old smart Samsung TV.

Best regards

J

No it's called Business, Sky have competed for and won the rights to certain sports.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Oldbean209990 wrote:

Sky sports purchased the rights for all Tennis tournaments from Amazon for 2024

Sky purchased five-year UK rights from ATP Media and WTA Ventures when Amazon chose not to attempt to renew their 2019-2023 'monopoly' UK contract with the organisations which own and run international tennis.

https://www.skygroup.sky/article/sky-secures-new-partnerships-for-the-atp-and-wta-tours-which-will-s... 

If the rights owners wanted their sport to be available on non-subscription television then they (and the players) would have to learn to live without television income, which seems somewhat unlikely.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Jones_The_Cat This message was authored by: Jones_The_Cat

@Oldbean209990 

It may be worth getting your mother a NOW TV Sports subscription. If she has the NOW app available on her Samsung TV (It's available on my 7 year old Samsung) then it's a cheaper and simpler way of streaming Sky Sports channels directly on the TV.  

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion