Discussion topic: Need to report detached satellite dish.. health and safety concern.

This message was authored by Marie2023 This message was authored by: Marie2023

Need to report detached satellite dish.. health and safety concern.

After storn Isha satellite dish has detached on one side and is swinging at front of house. I tried to flag with sky but no phone number to speak with person.. no email address! Earliest appt with engineer is 30 Jan... 7 days away. It is a health and safety issue. Us there any more effective way way to report this?

Thanks in advance for assistance

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Need to report detached satellite dish.. health and safety concern.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Sky will have given you the first available appointment. You could try a local satellite installer if you would like it dealt with sooner, or get a local handyman to take it down?

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Marie2023 wrote:

but no phone number to speak with person.. no email 

@Marie2023 

Sky don't use email for general fault reporting. If you definitely need to contact Sky, (and as long as your services aren’t restricted) then if you already have a Sky Mobile or a Sky Talk landline call free by dialling 150, otherwise you can use:
https://www.sky.com/help/home
UK customers: Scroll down and click on ‘Need more help’ and it provides a 0333 number.
ROI customers: change the flag in the bottom right corner of the link to the ROI flag then scroll down and click on ‘Need more help’ and it provides a 0818 number.
(The forum doesn’t allow us to type the numbers in full).

You will find that similar to calling other large companies the start will be automated which may also try to send you back to the forum. Stay on the line as long as possible.

Note: We were informed recently the lines were busier than usual so try to pick a quieter time.

I take it you didn't arrange that appointment for 30 Jan? The engineer slots will be soon snapped up due to the recent weather. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Marie2023 wrote:

It is a health and safety issue.

Unfortunately as all Sky satellite television contracts pass ownership of dish and cabling to the householder upon installation, it's your liability, not that of Sky: this is specifically so they aren't legally responsible for tens of millions of legacy hardware items bolted to the houses of the UK.  Given there's more severe weather on the way, I'd suggest it would be wise to arrange to have it made safe now rather than later: this may be claimable on property insurance.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion