Discussion topic: MTH Networks Geolocation Issue

This message was authored by mth_networks This message was authored by: mth_networks

MTH Networks Geolocation Issue

Hi,

We are MTH Networks (AS210619).

Our UK IP Ranges are being blocked as international, despite being listed on every major geolocation database.

https://as210619.net/geofeed.csv

@Sky - can you please ingest the above IPs and locations, or advise on your Geolocation source so we can discuss with them directly to prevent this issue each time we add new IPs to our network.

This is the same issue as other ISPs have on this forum - there should be a central resolution to this.

Any Sky Employee can call MTH Networks directly on phone number found via Google, ask for Network Operations or Steve, and we can dicsuss.

Kind Regards,

MTH Networks

Best Answers
This message was authored by Daniel-F This message was authored by: Daniel-F Answer

Re: MTH Networks Geolocation Issue

Posted by a Sky employee

Hello all,

@mth_networks  I've just been advised that we believe this issue has now been resolved.

Daniel
Community Moderator

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@mth_networks  You're neither tagging Sky or speaking to Sky via the forum as this is a customer helps customer forum.

Nothing will happen on the back of your post, not will Sky respond to you post.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

mth_networks
Topic Author
This message was authored by mth_networks This message was authored by: mth_networks

@GD1 

Thanks!

My apologies, I thought I had raised this in the correct place as advised by a Sky Employee via Phone Call.

I will go searching for the correct place to raise this,

@mth_networks  I'm not sure why you have created  a new thread for the same issue, a duplicate thread isn't needed and has been removed.

Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

mth_networks
Topic Author

Hi @GD1 

I was following instruction from Sky Call Centre, who advised our issue is the same as this post: 

Please see: https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Q/Squirrel-broadband-download-issues/m-p/4461410

and the only way sky will respond or acknowledge is through these posts. I do apologise for incorrectly posting - I have messaged you personally to see if you are able to help or advise on the better route, as this seems to be not the place, despite being advised by Skuy Customer Service team that this is the place.

In this time, we just want to help Sky update their systems so that our mutual customers can correctly watch and download their TV 

Thanks

MTH Networks

@mth_networks  Customers can post issues with their service there isn't a route for businesses contacting Sky via the forum I'm afraid you've been misinformed by CS staff probabaly because your not a customer and they don't know what to do.

mth_networks
Topic Author

@GD1 

Thanks -  I understand that technically contacting Sky is near impossible, especially for a small ISP like us - they will have no idea who MTH Networks is, let alone listen to us, I can confirm for you that I am both a customer and a business. I am hoping that someone may be able to get to the right location as our mutual customers are understandably unhappy.

I understand CS may have mis-advised me, however; could you clarify why Squirrel Internet got a response from a Sky Employee, causing backend changes and resolution to the issue - yet my post is not allowed?

In my own, personal, residential house - I have an IP within the affected range given via MTH Networks, and the associated issues as prominent. I can show technical data to prove this and I am personally one of my affected customers, in this unique instance I have full end-to-end visability of the issue. 

Thank you for your advise to date, I will go back to the Call Centre to attempt to get through.

Any other ISP having these issues, please feel free to contact me and If I manage to resolve I will be happy to share any routes to support for Sky Technical

Kind Regards, 

MTH Networks

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

I have asked your question in our Superuser hidden community area to the Sky team we have contact with. .
We have seen a few other geo location issues in the past and its a case of flagging it and putting you in touch with the correct department.
Will update with any progress for you that comes back.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.

@mth_networks  Simply put it is the customers who raised these issues not squirel, it is customers of Sky that Sky will deal with not ISP via the forum.  We've flagged it to Sky but they may need individual Sky customers to post the issue

Until customers post their issues there is very little the forum can do to help. 

To clarify this is a Customer Helps customeer forum.

mth_networks
Topic Author

Hi @lettice - Thank you for this helpful response. I have passed this discussion to our customers to comment on, and also to assist with the request coming from a customer (other than myself and my monthly Sky Direct Debit).

@GD1 - no problem, as advised I am a customer of Sky Q, with the issue myself. I will also ask direct customers to comment and confirm this issue too. I understand that Sky will not deal with ISPs and I was misinformed by Sky ironically.

I will dispose of this ISP account and move onto  a personal account to assist this

This message was authored by xenon81 This message was authored by: xenon81

Would the phone number and email address at the bottom of this page be of any use? https://www.peeringdb.com/asn/5607 

That seems to be how ISPs would contact each other with peering/routing/networking issues, rather than via  a customer help forum.

mth_networks
Topic Author

Hi @xenon81 

Yes, Sky NOC have redirected us to Sky Call Centre who again redirected us back to here, it seems each department diverts to a different department and not 100% clear on how to get to the right department. We use PeeringDB for many network contacts, yes!

This message was authored by skerly This message was authored by: skerly

Posted by a Sky employee

Engaging the correct teams here, thanks for reaching out. @MTH 

This message was authored by Kenny-J This message was authored by: Kenny-J

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @mth_networks 

Someone should be in contact to ask a few questions regarding the issue seen by Sky customers and yourself.

Kenny

This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent @mth_networks an invite to chat.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion