Discussion topic: Live American College Football on Sky

This message was authored by BoomerE This message was authored by: BoomerE

Live American College Football on Sky

Will Sky be showing live American Colloge Football this season 2023.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Timelord2018 This message was authored by: Timelord2018 Answer

Re: Live American College Football on Sky

Looks like Sky have picked up ESPN college football rights showing in the EPG from tomorrow

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Doc5907 This message was authored by: Doc5907

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@BoomerE wrote:

@BoomerE 

Highly doubtful it'll be shown on Sky Sports. The last few years it's been shown on BT Sports (now TNT Sports) but I don't believe they have even confirmed they are showing it yet.

....................................................................................................................
Sky Q 1TB UHD
LG TV
Sky Mobile
BT Broadband
This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

In recent seasons, sky sports have only shown notre Dame home games as notre Dame have a deal with Nbc.

This seems to be the position again as the match against Navy in Dublin is live this Saturday on sky sports

---------
ROI sky Q Customer
This message was authored by Timelord2018 This message was authored by: Timelord2018

@Doc5907 wrote:

@BoomerE wrote:

@BoomerE 

Highly doubtful it'll be shown on Sky Sports. The last few years it's been shown on BT Sports (now TNT Sports) but I don't believe they have even confirmed they are showing it yet.

It's been confirmed TNT Sports aren't showing any this season,  Their deal with Disney(ESPN) wasn't renewed (they hold the international rights to CBS game of the week aswell)

This message was authored by IainReducer This message was authored by: IainReducer

Just thought you might be interested in knowing that there are stacks of full college games on YouTube throughout the season.

This message was authored by Timelord2018 This message was authored by: Timelord2018 Answer

Looks like Sky have picked up ESPN college football rights showing in the EPG from tomorrow

This message was authored by mikehill58 This message was authored by: mikehill58

Great news.

2pm College Gameday

5pm Louisville at Miami

8.30pm Wake Forest at Notre Dame (as planned),

12.30am Washington at Oregon State

Hopefully the play offs, some other bowl games and the Championship game to come.

This message was authored by Dee846 This message was authored by: Dee846

Happy days! I was literally readying to cancel my sports subscriptions with Sky because no college football! Delighted now!

This message was authored by lasvegasman This message was authored by: lasvegasman

Really happy when I saw Sky was showing games other than Notre Dame , been waiting for someone to pick up NCAA footbal since BT sold it's sports package to TNT and they dropped it ( I dropped them as soon as I found out ! ) . Anyone have ideas on how to let Sky know we approve and can they show the bowl and CFP games ?

This message was authored by Dee846 This message was authored by: Dee846

They agreed a deal for College Gameday Live, 3 live games a week and all Bowl Games for 2024+2025. 

This message was authored by ashmmorris89 This message was authored by: ashmmorris89

College football/basketball ESPN on demand content

Great job on getting the College Football/Basketball rights in the UK. Are there any plans to carry shows like Pardon The Interruption / Around The Horn / SportsCenter, even if only on demand?

Used to be shown on a competitor channel. Pretty sure some feeds prevent all the sports being displayed in motion which appreciate may cause some coverage issues over here in the UK.

This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

Re: College football/basketball ESPN on demand content

@ashmmorris89 As customers, nobody on here would know. 

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD
This message was authored by d2h This message was authored by: d2h

Re: College football/basketball ESPN on demand content

@ashmmorris89 wrote:

Great job on getting the College Football/Basketball rights in the UK. Are there any plans to carry shows like Pardon The Interruption / Around The Horn / SportsCenter, even if only on demand?

Used to be shown on a competitor channel. Pretty sure some feeds prevent all the sports being displayed in motion which appreciate may cause some coverage issues over here in the UK.

@ashmmorris89 

This deal is for NCAA football and basketball specifically. It's not an ESPN agreement so no, the content you mention won't feature. 

The reason it was available via BT Sport was due to a full ESPN licence agreement. This isn't in the same mould and is purely for specific content only, namely the ESPN-distributed NCAA properties. 

This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

This message was authored by TonyS2 This message was authored by: TonyS2

Hurrah, at last, College Football on your excellent NFL chanel. More please, especially the play-of

As most of the College football takes place on Saturdays, little clash with NFL,  and why not take ESPN's excellent Sunday round-up programme and late Tuesday/ early Wednesday's Ranking programme. ?

( PS. I used to have access to the ESPN College coverage but TNT have scrapped this option.  Surely an opportunity for Sky to jump in as being a good fit with their excellent NFL coverage.  Anyone who has been in the "Big House " with 105,000 others for a Michigan game would understand what i am on about. )  

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion