Discussion topic: Law and order Reboot

This message was authored by allypally57 This message was authored by: allypally57

Law and order Reboot

Any chance of picking up the law and order reboot, series 21 onwards. There's a 3 way crossover with organised crime and SVU, pointless watching the 1st 2 episodes when the conclusion is on Law and Order, which isn't available in the UK yet. You'd be better starting the new seasons from episode 2. Or just not showing either until you can air law and order 

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Law and order Reboot

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@allypally57 

You are only talking to other Sky cusomers on here so if you want to ask them about this then you can contact the Viewer Relations team at Sky on this email address -  viewerR@sky.uk

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Oldchick This message was authored by: Oldchick

I thought the same thing. I hope it is picked up because there is probably going to be further crossover's and when you don't have the concluded episode it's really frustrating 

allypally57
Topic Author
This message was authored by allypally57 This message was authored by: allypally57

It's so annoying. I didn't watch the first episode of the new seasobs of SVU or OC due to the final episode of the crossover being on Law & Order. But watching SVU from episode 2, something happened to Rollins during the crossover. 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@allypally57 @Oldchick 

To be fair, this is an issue which the showrunners ought to have anticipated before commissioning such 'crossovers' and scripting them to contain crucial story-arc elements: it's not really the responsibility of a particular UK channel or distributing platform to ensure continuity is maintained

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Oldchick This message was authored by: Oldchick

Yes, from what I can pick up on and from scouring the internet, there was a shooting and she was injured whist trying to protect someone in custody.  

This message was authored by Timelord2018 This message was authored by: Timelord2018

@TimmyBGood wrote:

@allypally57 @Oldchick 

To be fair, this is an issue which the showrunners ought to have anticipated before commissioning such 'crossovers' and scripting them to contain crucial story-arc elements: it's not really the responsibility of a particular UK channel or distributing platform to ensure continuity is maintained

Expect in this case the UK channel and and distribution company are both ultimately owned by 1 company

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Timelord2018 

Still not their responsibility if showrunners choose to create plot elements which rely on other series being available ; )

I guess it makes sense in the US broadcast television market, though, to keep an audience loyal to NBC, and as we know there isn't really anywhere outside America which matters...

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

While it looks like it is all the one, each department have their own budgets and are responsible for making decisions.

If sky have to pay more than they want or deem recoupable in order to satisfy some nbc distribution executive, then these overspend will reflect badly on the sky staff, could cost them bonuses or ultimately their jobs. 

---------
ROI sky Q Customer
This message was authored by Timelord2018 This message was authored by: Timelord2018

I understand not being interested in everything from NBC Universal but the lack of this and Quantum Leap revival in particularly look strange to me , Although we will see ihey pick up other Universal produced Peacock content  especially since Sky/Comcast themselves decided they didn't want any new shows on Peacock section on Sky anymore.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion