Discussion topic: Ginx TV

This message was authored by Skys-great This message was authored by: Skys-great

Re: Ginx TV

I don't really want sky glass or sky stream, I can't understand why sky took the channel off sky tv box, I really hope they put it back. I only look at one channel on sky tv and that's GINX Esports tv ,👎👎👎👎👎👎👎

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Skys-great wrote:

I don't really want sky glass or sky stream, I can't understand why sky took the channel off sky tv box, I really hope they put it back.

They didn't. if it returns it will be because the channel wants it to and reaches agreement with Sky.

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Skys-great  You do know that all the channels you see on satellite are not controled or owned by Sky?   They have no say who opens or closes channels.

Sky only own a small handful of channels most of those are Sky branded.

Ginx was never a Sky channel.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by xenon81 This message was authored by: xenon81

Ginx is part owned by Sky (and ITV) so in this case Sky do have some influence:

https://www.skysports.com/more-sports/news/12040/10315692/sky-and-itv-combine-to-launch-ginx-tv-uks-...

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Skys-great wrote:

I can't understand why sky took the channel off sky tv box,

Possibly because a 21st century service (streaming coverage of eSports) would seem rather more at home on a native streaming service than the 1990s platform of broadcast satellite television?

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

@Skys-great wrote:

I don't really want sky glass or sky stream, I can't understand why sky took the channel off sky tv box, I really hope they put it back. I only look at one channel on sky tv and that's GINX Esports tv ,👎👎👎👎👎👎👎

As I wrote in my post on the previous page, as part of cost cutting the company talked about being "digital first"

Unfortunately the 2022 financial statements are not yet available

---------
ROI sky Q Customer

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion