Discussion topic: DIscovery+ future after BT Sport rebrand

This message was authored by ozsat This message was authored by: ozsat

Re: DIscovery+ future after BT Sport rebrand

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Both BT (for BT Sport customers) and Sky (for SkyQ Cinema customers) provide the current 'Entertainment & Sport' tier free of charge.

BT have already said in their forums that 'BT Sport via BT' customers will also get 'TNT Sports' on Discovery+ at no extra cost.

In wonder if 'BT Sport via Sky' customers will get it too?

@nolte wrote:

This was a tweet from Discovery Plus (in response to a person quoting what rxtv have said as link posted above)

• Hi David. Thanks for contacting discovery+ Support. Currently you have the standard package which includes the two Eurosports channels. TNT sports includes more sports, you'll need to purchase the premium package which will be available from the 18th of July. Thanks, Abdul.

https://twitter.com/discoveryplusUK/status/1676211962886193152?t=pNODEUQlw8eog7MweVYZPg&s=19

Also on the same thread

• Hi, thanks for reaching out. TNT Sports is replacing BT Sports, so if you already pay for this then you will have access to TNT Sports; however it is not included with the discovery+ Entertainment or discovery+ Entertainment & Sport packages. I hope this helps. ~James
  •  

================================================
SkyQ Silver bundle (V2 2TB with UHD/HDR + two minis) in Sky region #71 (Oxford) using VirginMedia Gig1 Fibre (1.2Gbps/100Mbps).

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

I agree with @ozsat. I am not sure why the others say we don't get entertainment and sports with discovery plus. We do with Sky. it's clear on the link below

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/discovery-plus

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

@djm70 wrote:

Hi

After BT Sport becomes TNT Sports on the 18th July, according to reports, its content will also be available via Discovery+. Does this mean we won't have to subscribe to TNT Sports anymore or will the free Discovery+ not include sports content? Or will free Discovery+ be no more?

Updated sources say that the Discovery+ that is included with Sky VIP will remain, so TNT will be included with Discovery+ Entertainment & Sport packages. Those who originally got the 12/24 months free Discovery+ get the Entertainment & Sport. New subscribers only get Discovery+ Entertainment package.

"Sky Q, Sky Glass and Stream customers can already opt in to get Discovery+ at no extra cost through Sky. Current BT Sport subscribers are also eligible for access to Discovery+ for the duration of their sports subscription."

Source: https://rxtvinfo.com/2023/tnt-sports-joins-discovery-all-you-need-to-know/

This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

@Anonymous 

That seems to run contrary to what I posted from Discovery plus' twitter at the end of the previous page

---------
ROI sky Q Customer
This message was authored by rscott This message was authored by: rscott

Even if the Discovery+ Entertainment & Sports package includes those channels when the changeover happens, I doubt that'll be the case one the football season is with us again. The economics just don't make sense.

This message was authored by ozsat This message was authored by: ozsat

After my chat with Discovery+ and confirmation posted by BT - by 'BT Sport customers' they mean those subscribing to 'BT Sport' direct with BT   as they currently get the Discovery+ app free-of-charge too.

I was also told twice by Discovery+ that they will not be enabling TNT Sport for anyone. It is down to Sky to do it for Sky customers, and BT to do it for BT Sport customers.

BT have confirmed they will be doing this for those who subscribe direct to them for 'BT Sports'

Discovery+ said the 'TNT Sports' channels will be a new subscription tier and not in 'Documentaties and Sport'.  But I would not be surpised to see a short free period before the EPL starts.

@Anonymous wrote:

@djm70 wrote:

Hi

After BT Sport becomes TNT Sports on the 18th July, according to reports, its content will also be available via Discovery+. Does this mean we won't have to subscribe to TNT Sports anymore or will the free Discovery+ not include sports content? Or will free Discovery+ be no more?

Updated sources say that the Discovery+ that is included with Sky VIP will remain, so TNT will be included with Discovery+ Entertainment & Sport packages. Those who originally got the 12/24 months free Discovery+ get the Entertainment & Sport. New subscribers only get Discovery+ Entertainment package.

"Sky Q, Sky Glass and Stream customers can already opt in to get Discovery+ at no extra cost through Sky. Current BT Sport subscribers are also eligible for access to Discovery+ for the duration of their sports subscription."

Source: https://rxtvinfo.com/2023/tnt-sports-joins-discovery-all-you-need-to-know/

================================================
SkyQ Silver bundle (V2 2TB with UHD/HDR + two minis) in Sky region #71 (Oxford) using VirginMedia Gig1 Fibre (1.2Gbps/100Mbps).

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

I feel you will be right. The problem is it's not clear

This message was authored by Grilly This message was authored by: Grilly

in-programme advertising oRe: DIscovery+ future after BT Sport rebrand

Given how much in-programme advertising of the change of name there has been on BT Sports, it really is bad from them as to the lack o clarity over the changes. I know the last time I looked TNT Sports didnt even have a UK website.
Whilst the football is good on BT Sports the presenting and editoral has always been awful when compared to Sky Sports. I had hoped the change to TNT would bring a refreshing change, alas it appears they ae as useless as BT was/has.

SkyQ HDR 2TB box
Sky Customer since 1990

Re: in-programme advertising oRe: DIscovery+ future after BT Sport rebrand

I agree fully @Grilly

here is the link for the new site, rather pathetic when it's starting soon

https://www.tntsports.co.uk/

This message was authored by d2h This message was authored by: d2h

@Super+Anthony wrote:

I agree fully @Grilly

What exactly is pathetic about it? The only thing changing is the name.

If you pay for BT Sport already, you'll receive TNT Sports. If you don't pay for BT Sport now, you won't be getting TNT Sports unless you choose to pay for it. 

I really don't get what is so hard to understand.

Read earlier messages

TNT sports don't even have a website running. It's an embarrassment 

@Super+Anthony wrote:

Read earlier messages

TNT sports don't even have a website running. It's an embarrassment 

It doesn't exist until 18 July! Until that time, BT Sport is the brand and outlet. The information you need to know is located on the BT Sport site until the TNT Sports service officially takes over at launch. 

Such faux outrage for something that will initially be a new name and a few different faces on air. 

This message was authored by Grilly This message was authored by: Grilly

@d2h wrote:

@Super+Anthony wrote:

I agree fully @Grilly

What exactly is pathetic about it? The only thing changing is the name.

If you pay for BT Sport already, you'll receive TNT Sports. If you don't pay for BT Sport now, you won't be getting TNT Sports unless you choose to pay for it. 

I really don't get what is so hard to understand.

Well given that this is now page four of posts about the change and what people will be charged, then it says to me that their comms have been poorly communicated.
As someone with a background in marketing, in this day and age you'd have more than a holding page as a website.

SkyQ HDR 2TB box
Sky Customer since 1990

I agree fully @Grilly . You look at other companies who were set to launch their product, and they put out information days and weeks before the launch, so it gave us the customers a bit of knowledge. On this occasion it's poor and they are not encouraging people like you and I to buy their product. Oh yes, they are quick enough to say they will be charging more!!

Wake up TNT sports.. we are the customers and deserve some information

@Super+Anthony wrote:

I agree fully @Grilly . You look at other companies who were set to launch their product, and they put out information days and weeks before the launch, so it gave us the customers a bit of knowledge. On this occasion it's poor and they are not encouraging people like you and I to buy their product. Oh yes, they are quick enough to say they will be charging more!!

Wake up TNT sports.. we are the customers and deserve some information

A brand new product launch would be subject to all the bells and whistles, including a mammoth pre-launch push to ensure maximum visibility. This isn't a brand new product launch - it's a name change. 99.9% of the existing subscribers will have zero knowledge, or interest, in the finer details regarding the joint venture and day-to-day running being transferred to WBD. At this point in time, it's as important as if BT had maintained full control and decided to change the name.

Any encouragement to buy their product is precisely the same as it has been for a considerable length of time - it's a mature service and if a customer wants to subscribe, they know to head on over to the BT website, download the BT Sport app, subscribe via Sky/Virgin etc. 

The waters are not as clear as they would be if it was a brand new service replacing BT Sport. This is the same service, inclusive of all existing rights portfolio. Change in terms of subscription via Discovery+ will be communicated but right now, that isn't happening because it will inevitably lead to unnecessary confusion with people trying to find it on the Discovery+ app now. BT Sport exists right now - go and subscribe to that if you want to watch something they're broadcasting. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion