Discussion topic: Any one I just got a new tv and it has a common interface with it what is it and how do I use it

This message was authored by Yid1234 This message was authored by: Yid1234

Any one I just got a new tv and it has a common interface with it what is it and how do I use it

Anyone I just got a new tv and it has a commen interface thing with it what is it and how do I use it

All Replies

This message was authored by cuke This message was authored by: cuke

Re: Any one I just got a new tv and it has a common interface with it what is it and how do I use it

This is a SkyQ support forum not a TV one...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Interface

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Any one I just got a new tv and it has a common interface with it what is it and how do I use it

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Yid1234  If the TV has an inbuilt Satellite Tuner then the CI (Common Interface) is there for encrypted channels (which need a cam), however In the UK Sky have the Satellite TV market covered and don't allow the use of any CI's as they want you to use their hardware.

The CI use is fairly standard across most European markets where the TV's are aslo sold.

To sum up the CI slot is of no use for UK satellite reception.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Yid1234
Topic Author
This message was authored by Yid1234 This message was authored by: Yid1234

Thanks for the heads up thank you 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion