Discussion topic: 5 Stars? Really?

This message was authored by merv60 This message was authored by: merv60

5 Stars? Really?

Browsing through the Sky Cinema section & I came across this - see screenshot. Really, Clifford the Big Red Dog is as good as Jaws? Where did this rating come from? Certainly not IMDb where it has a 5.9/10 rating, nor Rotten Tomatoes where it has a score of 58% which puts it into the Rotten rather than Fresh bracket. I'm seriously lost for words. 

It's not only Clifford though, check some of the other films that are purportedly as good as Jaws: Sonic the Hedgehog 2, How To Train Your Dragon 2, The Croods 2, Sing 2 ( can you see a theme here ? ) & Paw Patrol The Movie. I can only surmise that the stars were handed out by a group of 5 to 10-year-olds.

20230329_163814.jpg

All Replies

This message was authored by Plektrum This message was authored by: Plektrum

Re: 5 Stars? Really?

It's based on the Rotten Tomatoes Audience score (this particular film has 94% so assume thats enough to hit Sky's five star rating). 

—————————————————————————————————————————————————
Still in search of a great signature! I’ll get there one day!
This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@merv60 

We really enjoyed Clifford as a family movie night. Comparisons to Jaws (admittedly an all time classic) are a little unfair as it's aimed at a completely different audience.

Of the one's you list we've seen Clifford and Sing 2, both were excellent family movies to watch with the kids. 

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD
This message was authored by CardiffMan1992 This message was authored by: CardiffMan1992

@oj01 

I haven't watched clifford but remember a cousin loving the old tv series so i can imagine if they have pulled off the movie well it would get a solid 4 or 5 stars from the kids and yeah comparing films aimed at kids and one aimed at adults is a terrible way to compare.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@merv60 wrote:

Sonic the Hedgehog 2, How To Train Your Dragon 2, The Croods 2, Sing 2 ( can you see a theme here ? ) & Paw Patrol The Movie.

The target audience for those should not be watching Jaws....

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by CardiffMan1992 This message was authored by: CardiffMan1992

@TimmyBGood 

Well with there kids they could hehe

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion