Discussion topic: landline not working

This message was authored by swanlake This message was authored by: swanlake

landline not working

the landline ot working at all.

My broadband is working fine but I am unable to make or receive calls. 
I have a Sky micro filter plugged into the wall socket and I have tried a different filter but with no joy.

Have run through all the help guides with no solution, and the line check just seems to be for broadband and not voice.

i have bought a new phone and replaced all the cables but still not working 

Our router doesn't have a voice element to it and we don't have internet voice calls.

Is there any way to get the line checked please?

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: landline not working

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

As your broadband service is delivered by the same copper line as your landline service, the broadband connection test can detect landline faults too. Try that first. Failing that you'll need to report it to Sky. If you wish we can ask Sky's messaging team to contact you here so that you can do that?

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent an invite to chat.

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Update-We are closing this invite now due to no response within 48 hours. If you still need help, please let us know so we can re-escalate this for you. Thanks.

This message was authored by Kevin55 This message was authored by: Kevin55

I have not been able to receive incoming calls on my landline since 1st of December 2023 can anyone tell me why please as this becomes a big problem when my elderly parents are trying to contact me .

@Kevin55 are you new to Sky Talk or recently upgraded your broadband package? Try the connection test here, even if your broadband is working ok: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/broadband-diagnostic-start

If it doesn't detect a fault, you'll need to report it to Sky. If you wish we can ask Sky's Messaging team to contact you here so that you can do that via a private online chat. But let us know first the result of the connection test.

Thanks Mark we done a broadband test and it shows fault and we've got an engineer coming on Friday morning fingers crossed 🤞 so hopefully that will sort the phone line out too unless that's a separate issue. Thank you Kevin55

Mark39 thank you for your help we have an engineer coming Friday morning as it has shown we have a fault so I presume they will sort line out too 😀.

@Kevin55 glad the test found the fault and enabled an engineer booking. It's a rrelatovely simple test and doesn't always detect a problem. Openreach aim to attend in a couple of days, but it might be up to 5 depending on how busy they are locally.

This message was authored by Garrett12 This message was authored by: Garrett12

I am having the same problem as @Kevin55 and after repeated calls to Sky it's still not working.

@Garrett12 wrote:

I am having the same problem as @Kevin55 and after repeated calls to Sky it's still not working.

What did Sky say when you called?

That they will look in to it and also that an engineer would contact me but nothing.

@Garrett12 wrote:

That they will look in to it and also that an engineer would contact me but nothing.

When did you last speak to Sky?

Today again and yesterday. 

@Garrett12 Openreach usually investigate within 2 to 5 working days. They may not contact you if the fault is beyond your home. If it's not fixed or you haven't had an update by Wednesday or Thursday next week, you might want to call Sky again - or we can at that time ask Sky's messaging team to contact you via the forum so that you can seek an update. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion