Discussion topic: We now have Full Fibre and Sky Talk Shield no longer works and getting all sorts of strange calls???

This message was authored by Fluffnwoo This message was authored by: Fluffnwoo

We now have Full Fibre and Sky Talk Shield no longer works and getting all sorts of strange calls???

We have recently had Full Fibre installed, and recently had our telephone number changed.  Sky Talk Shield is now no longer working.  We would very much like this back as we are receiving any and all sorts of strange phone calls.  Please can anyone help?.

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: We now have Full Fibre and Sky Talk Shield no longer works and getting all sorts of strange call

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Fluffnwoo  Have you tried to go into my account and seeing if switching it off and back on if it is active on your line still?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
Fluffnwoo
Topic Author

Re: We now have Full Fibre and Sky Talk Shield no longer works and getting all sorts of strange call

Have tried going into my account but it's sending me round in circles and not giving me any options to access my sky talk shield. 😭😭😭

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@Fluffnwoo  When did your full fibre go active?

Fluffnwoo
Topic Author

About 3 months ago.  That was with old number and worked fine.  Then we had a change of number a couple of weeks ago and it's not worked since then and we can't get our old number back sadly. 

@Fluffnwoo  Why did you get a new number, that should have not changed when moving to another technology. Have you spoken to Sky about the inability to get into talk shield?

Fluffnwoo
Topic Author

We wanted to revert to old broadband so we could reinstate our old telephone socket to install a hearing phone.  So phone number was changed in this process, then we were to,d we couldn't revert as everyone has to go to full fibre by 2025. It's been a bit of a nightmare.  I will call Sky next.  Just thought I'd check in here first.  Thank you for trying. 🙏🙏🙏

@Fluffnwoo  Come back and let the community know the out come of your call to Sky.

Fluffnwoo
Topic Author

Will do. Tomorrow now though. 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Fluffnwoo wrote:

we were to,d we couldn't revert as everyone has to go to full fibre by 2025. 

Not strictly true: there will still be millions of copper circuits left by then.  It's the PSTN (analogue) service running over that copper which is due to be switched off, but this does have side-effects.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Fluffnwoo
Topic Author

Hello there

just to update you, I spoke to Sky today and apparently you do have to request this Sky Talk Shield when getting a new number, if you had it before and it stopped working you should be able to fix it going into MySky and my products.  

it should be operational within 24 Hours.  If it isn't working same time tomorrow evening, I will let you know.  

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion