Discussion topic: Switched to Sky but landline number not transferred as expected

This message was authored by Banjo2779 This message was authored by: Banjo2779

Switched to Sky but landline number not transferred as expected

I switched broadband, mobile and landline this week and expected landline number to stay the same. No mention that this might not happen or might not be possible. Everything else seems to be working fine - mobile, tv, broadband etc. but this issue with the landline needs sorting. I can ring out but obviously will not be able to get incoming calls unless I advise everyone of my 'new' number - would really prefer not to have to do that - unless it's definitely impossible not to retain my old number. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Switched to Sky but landline number not transferred as expected

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Banjo2779 

Sky can't and don't guarantee a landline number will be retained when joining. See this link

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/switching-to-sky-broadband 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Switched to Sky but landline number not transferred as expected

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Banjo2779 Sky say it's usually possible providing you ask for your number to be kept when you place your order. It's almost certainly not possible for Sky to retrieve your number now that the switch has been completed, I'm afraid. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion