Discussion topic: Sky Talk suspended - Sky unable to reinstate account - terrible experience on phone - who else?

This message was authored by Hobbscp This message was authored by: Hobbscp

Sky Talk suspended - Sky unable to reinstate account - terrible experience on phone - who else?

My mother's Talk account was suspended because she had overspent her call allowance. I paid the bill for her immediately. I then called Sky (because not automatically reinstated). I did one call of 1 hour and one call of 50 minutes. Each time I had to wait about 10 minutes for a person to answer, only to be told that they did not have authority and pass me to someone else (another 10 minutes) who said the same. One Sky agent said that he had experienced someone being passed on 12 TIMES before they found the right person who could reinstate. What a soul-destroying lottery. Sky internal systems clearly in chaos - something about links between Sky Glass and Sky Talk accounts.

Sky Talk STILL SUSPENDED (6 days later). I sent a complaint on Dec 2 - no response yet.

Anybody else had this terrible experience??

All Replies

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Re: Sky Talk suspended - Sky unable to reinstate account - terrible experience on phone - who else?

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, Hobbscp. I’ve escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this. 

Just look out for the colourful bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147 

Hobbscp
Topic Author
This message was authored by Hobbscp This message was authored by: Hobbscp

Re: Sky Talk suspended - Sky unable to reinstate account - terrible experience on phone - who else?

Ok, thanks - waiting for the invite...

This message was authored by LaurenceS This message was authored by: LaurenceS

Hi,

I have a similar experience. I have updated payment details on the account but it does not seem to update. I have not been able to get hold of anyone by phone as it re directs me to the forum. Can you please let me know how

to get my account re-instated as soon as possible?

many thanks 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@LaurenceS 

Once your full payment has cleared and is in Sky’s account your services should be reinstated, but this may not be instant. Also, any payment you make over a weekend or on a Bank Holiday won’t be processed until the following week as banks are closed.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion