Discussion topic: Sky Talk Shield error

This message was authored by Philip+B1957 This message was authored by: Philip+B1957

Re: Sky Talk Shield error

Sky Shield is definitely not working as of 15 minutes ago (17:30 24/11/2023)

I've had received two calls now that should have been challenged but weren't.  One of which was from a blatant scammer.

I do hope that Sky fix this issue soon.  There is potentially a lot of vulnerable people out there who really do need the protection that Sky Shield provides.

This message was authored by Annoyed9 This message was authored by: Annoyed9

I just had the same call from someone purporting to be from Sky about my broadband being slow. It also got through Sky Talk Shield. I have blocked the number manually, but this number seems to be linked to multiple scam calls!! 
Not great that Sky Shield didn't screen it. 

This message was authored by Chris4824 This message was authored by: Chris4824

I wasn't able to activate Sky Talk Shield either from the app or from my PC. I called customer support and was advised that it would be activated as from last Monday (it's now Thursday). However, the Talk Shield icon isn't showing up on my phone and when I access the link through the PC, I get an error message saying something to the effect that it's not your fault, it's ours. On another thread I read that the link wasn't a live one and suggesting a different link. However, this doesn't work either. My phone doesn't have a built in call blocker and I'm still getting loads of scam calls. Does anyone know if a resolution to this issue is in sight?

This message was authored by Fleursmom This message was authored by: Fleursmom

Sky IT need to ge their acts together!

So when!

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Fleursmom wrote:

So when!

You said in another post that you've reported it and Sky couldn't tell you when it would be fixed...

Yes correct-  need to get their acts together given what their customera pay them 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion