Discussion topic: Sky Talk Shield error

This message was authored by jewers This message was authored by: jewers

Sky Talk Shield error

Tried to star a number on Sky Talk Shield this morning on both the MySky app and website but will not open the page showing call history.  All it says is that something went wrong and to try again later.  Is this happening to anyone else or just me?  Many thanks for your help.

Moderator note: Edited thread title.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86 Answer

Re: Sky Talk Shield error

Posted by a Sky employee

Unfortunately we won't be able to assist through messaging as we are not able to remove or add any services or subscriptions so calling in would be the only option in this circumstance.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by CanPac This message was authored by: CanPac

Re: Unable to add or star numbers on Sky Talk Shield

Same here.  Wanted to check a suspicious number that called at an odd time - all I got was a 'server error' message!  

This message was authored by AMars69 This message was authored by: AMars69

Mobile number got through without going via talk shield

Just had a scam call using a mobile number on my landline phone but sky talk shield didn't work, stating they're from sky broadband about not receiving the broadband speed I'm supposed to have. How did they bypass talk shield when it's on??

Ann x
jewers
Topic Author

Re: Unable to add or star numbers on Sky Talk Shield

Many thanks for getting back.  Relieved that it is not just me!

This message was authored by PaulEvUK This message was authored by: PaulEvUK

Re: Mobile number got through without going via talk shield

Just had similar today although mine was about having illegal loft insulation. Sky shield did not interrupt it.
This message was authored by douginn This message was authored by: douginn

Unable to sign in to my Talk Shield on my IPad to add number to block list,

Can't access my Sky Talk shield to add number. Internet is connected ok, but won't open app on my Ipad

This message was authored by Kelsingra This message was authored by: Kelsingra

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi all, 

I just wanted to let you know that we have escalated the issue to the right team and will keep you updated.

Thanks,

Fanni
Community Moderator
jewers
Topic Author

I too have just had a scam call which came through on Sky Talk Shield.

Posted by a Sky employee

Hey @jewers 

Can you plese try to log in again on the MySky app and the sky.com website and let me know if it's working now? 

Thanks,

Fanni
Community Moderator
jewers
Topic Author

Hi Fanni,  As requested, I have just tried to log into Sky Talk Shield on both the MySky app and the website and I am now able to access this.   Many thanks for your help. 

This message was authored by Diamondjoanne23 This message was authored by: Diamondjoanne23

Same problem here. Getting multiple cold/crank calls this afternoon as Sky Talk Shield seems to be off>>

This message was authored by Diamondjoanne23 This message was authored by: Diamondjoanne23

It's still not working for me. I'm still getting the server error and the calls.

jewers
Topic Author

Just checked again and I can get into Sky Talk Shield on the app and website but Shield doesn't appear to be working correctly as the Call History is not showing all the calls I have received today and, as I mentioned earlier, I have also received a scam call which Shield did not intercept.

Posted by a Sky employee

Hey,

Thank you for keeping me updated! I will let you know when we have more information about the problem.

Thanks,

Fanni
Community Moderator
jewers
Topic Author

Further problem with Sky Talk Shield

My last thread re not being able to access Sky Talk Shield has been marked as answered.  Whilst I am now able to access Shield, it does not appear to be working correctly as it did not intercept a scam call today and I have just noticed that not all calls I have received today have appeared in the Call History.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion