Discussion topic: Service call charges

This message was authored by Roger+Jarvis This message was authored by: Roger+Jarvis

Service call charges

My Sky Talk (landline) bill includes the following service call charges which I do not understand - my phone's call records do not specify them as calls made or received.  How do I find out what they are for / how to avoid them?

Note: this messaging system will not allow me to include the actual details!  They include the dates, the times, the Service Call numbers, the Service charges -8 or -14 and the costs incurred.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: Service call charges

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

The only other thing that I can think of is that you may have used a directory service in response to an online search for a phone number. Some unscrupulous services start with a national number and when answered ask who you want to speak to and then connect you via a premium rate service.

Beyond that, I can only suggest you speak to Sky. Their response, however, in the absence of any fault you've reported to them, is likely to be that the numbers can only appear on your bill if they've been called via your line. 

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Do you have a burglar alarm or care system or anything else attached to your phone line?

Roger+Jarvis
Topic Author
This message was authored by Roger+Jarvis This message was authored by: Roger+Jarvis

Hello, Mark39

No.  The only other attachment to the phone line is Sky Broadband.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

The only other thing that I can think of is that you may have used a directory service in response to an online search for a phone number. Some unscrupulous services start with a national number and when answered ask who you want to speak to and then connect you via a premium rate service.

Beyond that, I can only suggest you speak to Sky. Their response, however, in the absence of any fault you've reported to them, is likely to be that the numbers can only appear on your bill if they've been called via your line. 

Roger+Jarvis
Topic Author

Thank you: much as I expected, but I will contact them about the problem.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion