Discussion topic: Phone crackling

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Phone crackling

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@NB29 wrote:

@ucyosip wrote:

Our landline started crackling badly about 2 weeks ago. It is every outgoing number and every handset. We've tested the cables, connections etc

@NB29 

Don't really understand your last post? Would you like your issue re-escalating to Sky?

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by NB29 This message was authored by: NB29

Crackiling land line

Hi, I have already opted about my issue and received a chat link from sky to which I replied

However now they have ended it because according to them I  did not reply with 48 hours. 

Sky customer services is appalling, you cannot get through to a human being and they cancel our message thread.

Can anyone help please?

Yes please.

My landline is not clear at all. I have changed the microfilter and used a corded phone to no avail.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@NB29 

Starting a separate thread is just confusing matters. I've merged it into this one. I have re-escalated your issue to chat who may get in touch tomorrow. As previously advised if you don't reply within 48 hours any chat invite will automatically close. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

Thank you however please noe that I did indeed reply with 48 hours.

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thank you for escalating this. We have sent NB29 an invite to chat 🙂

There was an initial response within 48 hours with the account number but you did not read or respond to our request for further verification. So we will nee to complete full identification from the start on this new chat 🙂  

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Update – We are still looking to help you. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your invite has been closed now. Thanks 

Thank you I've managed to physically speak to someone to resolve this issue.

This message was authored by street+wise This message was authored by: street+wise

My phone is crackling so badly that I can hardly hear the caller what can be done about this, I have given up trying to phone sky.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@street+wise 

See if you can run this line test to see if a fault is found outside of your property and if something is found you can book an engineer repair, ignore the fact it says it will test your broadband:

https://www.sky.com/help/home/broadband/my-broadband-speed/no-connection-slow-wifi/articles/broadban...

You can also run this test via the MySky app.

Let us know how you get on.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by street+wise This message was authored by: street+wise

Thanks for the info, tried the link and it appears my line is fine

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@street+wise 

To get you some help with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team who will be in touch with you regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page. It can take up to a few hours to be contacted via this.

This link explains how this works:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed. This isn't a live chat so replies are not instant.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

thanks I'll watch for it.

This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating. We've sent an invite to street+wise.

Thanks
Tom
This message was authored by talktopk This message was authored by: talktopk

at all times of day and nig

Re: Phone crackling and getting intermittent one ring calls from no-one at all times of day and night, very disturbing 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion