Discussion topic: Only Three Lights on. No Voice Light

This message was authored by Ladybird65 This message was authored by: Ladybird65

Only Three Lights on. No Voice Light

Can someone help?🙏

Newly signed up to Sky broadband. Got the hub out, all connected and as in the heading, only three out of the four lights are on. Unpluged and repluged. Still no Voice light.

Plus no dial tone, so no phone calls in or out. Checked the phone line. Seems that there is no problem. What am i doing wrong? 🤔

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86 Answer

Re: Only Three Lights on. No Voice Light

Posted by a Sky employee

Update - After a private chat an engineer has been booked

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Ladybird65  Are you plugging your phone into the master socket on the wall or the hub?

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

When were your services activated? Have you tried plugging your phone into the normal wall socket?

Ladybird65
Topic Author
This message was authored by Ladybird65 This message was authored by: Ladybird65

Hi, thanks for anwering to my plea.

I've gone through it all and it seems that there IS a problem with my phone line. What can i do for that?

I need my phone as i have my mum in hospital and my mobile has decided act up! 😭

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Ladybird65  I've escalated your post via the community chat. This link explains how it works https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

Keep an eye out for an invite or blue chat bubble.

When the blue bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed.

Be reassured the email & message is from Sky and your details are safe and secure.
If you are using Safari please make sure that Hide IP Address is not checked in order to see the blue bubble. If you are having trouble finding this to check the settings, use another browser such as Firefox, Chrome etc.

I would also recommend that if not already on, that you turn email/private message notifications on to avoid missing any alerts

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Ladybird65
Topic Author

Thank you once again for your help in this matter.

I've even tried a different phone just to see if it would make any difference......NOPE!

I'm hoping i'll recieve help soon. It's not great having no working phones in the house ☹️

Ladybird out 🐞

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Ladybird65 wrote:

I'm hoping i'll recieve help soon.

Hopefully at some point today. Keep an eye out for the chat bubble. and possibly an email invitation.

This message was authored by dmy24 This message was authored by: dmy24

Thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to chat 🙂 

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Update - This has been raised for investigation with the network team

Ladybird65
Topic Author

Still waiting for an engineer. It's making me wish that i never bothered to have Sky broadband and landline with Sky now.

People are trying to contact my husband about doctors/hospital appointments. No good with a dead phone.

We need the landline so my husband (who has disablity issues) can reach me when i have to leave the house to run errands.

Someone hear my prayer 🙏

Hi @Ladybird65 you can check for an earlier engineer appointment via the order tracker on sky.com or the myskyapp. Any appointments found here will be the same appointments that advisers will have access to. Hope this helps 🙂

Ladybird65
Topic Author

Thank you answering @dmy24.

On tracking orders, it just has 'In Progress' for an engineer. 'Date and time to be confirmed.'

Ladybird out 🐞

I will escalate this to our community chat for you. Please look out for an email or chat bubble. We look forward to speaking to you 🙂 

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86 Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Update - After a private chat an engineer has been booked

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion