Discussion topic: No phone line for 5 weeks

This message was authored by Chriss1 This message was authored by: Chriss1

No phone line for 5 weeks

Since 2nd August I've been unable to make or receive phone calls, although luckily the sky tv and broadband are still working.

Openreach have been out a couple of times but need to return again, I just phoned Sky to ask for an update as I can't get a person on chat (EVER), and was told nothing other than we are waiting for an online update from Openreach.

I asked if we could escalate as it's 5 weeks tomorrow, but was told that Sky cannot and do not contact Openreach for updates on. ETA.

Openreach told me I can only ask sky and sky won't and don't talk to Openreach.

Basically my only option is to wait and hope for the Openreach appointment text 24 hours before they return.

I've been with for 22+ years and can't believe this is what counts for customer service, again, 5 weeks no phone line and no way to get an update.

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: No phone line for 5 weeks

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Chriss1 

Sky do get updates from Openreach although I believe OR are not very good at keeping the isp (in this case Sky) and therefore the customer in the loop. 

Of little comfort at the moment but this link outlines auto compensation for when there is a total loss of Sky Broadband or Sky Talk. https://www.sky.com/help/articles/auto-compensation

If you have a total loss of service and it isn’t fixed after two full working days from when you first report the fault to Sky, you will become eligible for it, It’s applied 30 days after the fault has been repaired and will come in the form of a credit appearing on your account.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@Chriss1  If you have contacted the call centre for Sky already on this and they have no updates for you there is nothing more the community forum can do for you.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
Chriss1
Topic Author

Thanks, was just voicing my displeasure at the lack of customer service from Sky, and hoping someone who works for Sky might see it and do something :).

Chriss1
Topic Author

I can't see me renewing my contract next time...

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

I can imagine your frustration but unfortunately it's Openreach who dictate what their customers (the service providers) can and can't do in all respects. As posted previously they're not always good at providing progress updates, often limited to 'yes there's a fault' and 'we've fixed it'. They are very even-handed, however, and treat all service providers equally badly. The unsatisfactory bottom line is that there's little Sky can do about it.

Chriss1
Topic Author

Understood, however, I've worked for quite a few corporations that sub out to Openreach, and although yes they are universally poor at updating, there is usually an escalation process for this sort of thing, 5 weeks is just unacceptable,

Chriss1
Topic Author

I'm not even sure this is bad customer service from Sky, it is NO customer service I'm afraid Openreach or not 🙂

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion