Discussion topic: No incoming calls - long standing line fault issues

This message was authored by Ian+Hill1 This message was authored by: Ian+Hill1

No incoming calls - long standing line fault issues

Hi, been banging mind on the desk for almost 18 months with customer services.  I've had the same repeating line fault for too long!  The line fails and no incoming calls will connect.  Broadband is ok, outbound calls are ok.  We've moved phones all around the house, plugged in new phones, blah blah, blah MANY times.  Every time - we report, about a week later it all just seems to work.  This has happened at least 12 times in the last 18 months, and it's just not good enough.  Today it's gone again.  No one seems to permanently correct this issue.  Not the service I am paying for!  Can anyone help - short of just cancelling the service? 

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: No incoming calls - long standing line fault issues

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

What do Sky tell you each time you report it? If it requires Openreach's attendance each time to investigate the fault, it's unfortunately out of Sky's hands. And frustratingly it would be no different with any other provider that relies on the Openreach telephone infrastructure.

Ian+Hill1
Topic Author

Sadly we get little or no assistance from Sky at all, pretty much "BT are investigating", we never get an update unless I call them, we never get told when it's "fixed", it's always by chance when I test the line.  Service has been non existent from the outset. How can a line be out of service so much without someone actually fixing it properly.  I don't care that it's a BT line - I pay Sky for a "service" so my contract is with them...  they need to be better!

Ian+Hill1
Topic Author

Is there a way to get an escalation over and above the usual "automated" report line? 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

It's not a BT line. BT are a service provider, just as Sky are. They don't own any phone lines. It's Openreach that owns the infrastructure and are solely responsible for its integrity, and upkeep regardless of service provider. By all means complain to Sky. I'm sure, they'll apologise, and you'll automatically receive what compensation is due to you. 

Ian+Hill1
Topic Author

So - as per every time before, the line is back up, but we've had no message from anyone to advise what, or how, or even when it was "fixed". Literally tried to call the house from my mobile and it dialled.  This is exactly the point I've been trying to make.  Sky's customer service is literally non existent.  Small mercies it's working now - until next time, but thanks Sky, for not a lot!  

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion