Discussion topic: No dial tone and can't receive calls. Broadband working most of the time.

This message was authored by LizzieP This message was authored by: LizzieP

No dial tone and can't receive calls. Broadband working most of the time.

We realised today that calls are not getting through to our home phone. I have deactivated the talk shield. We also have no dial tone to dial out. I wondered if we should be on internet calls but our hub has no light for voice and no appropriate socket for the phone. Broadband seems to drop out for a few minutes at least once a day.

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: No dial tone and can't receive calls. Broadband working most of the time.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

GIven the unstable broadband issue, try the simple connection test here: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/broadband-diagnostic-start

LizzieP
Topic Author

Thank you. We've done that several times. When the WiFi drops out it shows an issue but then most of the time when it is working it shows no fault. The problem with our phones is continuous - not sure that the issues are linked.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Sounds like a fault you'll need to report to Sky. If you wish we can ask Sky's messaging team to contact you here so that you can do that?

LizzieP
Topic Author

Thank you. It would be good to have some help with this.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@LizzieP 

To see if they can help you reporting this I’ve escalated your post to Sky and the Messaging Team may get in touch with you later today. 

Look out for a blue/red speech bubble at the bottom of your forum page. Once that appears you have 48 hours to click on it and join the private chat or it will close automatically. If you fail to respond to each chat reply within 48 hours the chat will again close down automatically even if your issue hasn’t been resolved. Replies from Sky are not instant so you’ll need to regularly check the chat thread.

This link explains the Community Messaging process.
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent an invite to chat.

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Update-We are closing this session now as this matter has been resolved. If there is anything else in the future we can help you with, please do not hesitate to reach out. Thanks. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion