Discussion topic: Need to change home number getting taxi calls all day and during night I'm housebound can I get hel

This message was authored by Mpatterson This message was authored by: Mpatterson

Need to change home number getting taxi calls all day and during night I'm housebound can I get hel

Need help to get house phone number changed getting taxi calls all night I'm disabled housebound thanks

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Need to change home number getting taxi calls all day and during night I'm housebound can I get

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Sky (and most other service providers) will normally only agree to change your number if you're receiving threatening calls and have reported them to the Police. As there are no new numbers, it's inevitable that the number you're allocated will have been used fairly recently before.

You can only try explaining the circumstances to Sky to see if they can help exceptionally. Call them on 150. Failing that, activating the Sky Talk Shield tomscreen incoming calls may help.

https://www.sky.com/help/home/sky-talk/nuisance-calls/articles/dealing-with-nuisance-phone-calls-and...

This message was authored by Maha3 This message was authored by: Maha3

Re: Need to change home number getting taxi calls all day and during night I'm housebound can I get

I am receiving thread call and I told the police also I need change my home numbe r

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Maha3 

Have you read the post by @Mark39 just above yours, call Sky if you have the police involved.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Maha3 

Sky will want your crime reference number so have it handy. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

I have that crime number 

@Maha3 wrote:

I have that crime number 

Give Sky a call on 150 to request a change of number.

It is for sky home number 

@Maha3 wrote:

It is for sky home number 

Ok. You still need to call to ask for your number to be changed.

This message was authored by Kelsingra This message was authored by: Kelsingra

Posted by a Sky employee

Hey @Mpatterson 

As you mentioned that you are disabled, I wanted to make sure that you know about our Accessibility Team who can give you extra support if needed.

Are you already signed up with the Accessibility Team? Once registered there are also different methods of communication with this team

https://www.skyaccessibility.sky/

Thank you for joining our Community Forum! 🙂

Fanni
Community Moderator

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion