Discussion topic: Landline in TW2area not working

This message was authored by MamaMaud This message was authored by: MamaMaud

Landline in TW2area not working

My landline does not dail out or receive calls, I have tried all the tests even bought a new phone ( which worked  at my son's house), even took my old phone to test it on a working line ( that was fine), I am living alone , 86 years old and my emergency fall button and responder is not operational with no landline, please help me. 
I live in TW2 area

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Landline in TW2area not working

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MamaMaud 

Is your Broadband working okay? Any recent changes to your subscription?

In addition, with your need for the alarm in case you have a fall it may be worth you registering with the Sky Accessibility Team who may be able to help you now or in the future. Once registered there are also different methods of communication with this team
https://www.skyaccessibility.sky/

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@MamaMaud 

There does appear to be an outage . Is your broadband working. Have you notified sky if not we can escalate

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
MamaMaud
Topic Author

Landline not working

My landline is not working, I am 86 all alone and need an engineer to help sort this problem out. My son has done all the checks but the landline just is not working even with a new phone plugged directly into the socket. 
Is there a number to call that had a human on the end of it?

MamaMaud
Topic Author

Thank you for replying, the broadband is fine just the landline that is not working. 

MamaMaud
Topic Author

Just to add , we are really struggling to find a way to contact anyone at sky who could help beyond your responses on the community, thanks. 

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@MamaMaud 

Keep an eye on the forum using a chrome browser

I've escalated your post via the community chat. This link explains how it works

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

Keep an eye out for an invite or red and blue chat bubble. When the blue bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed.

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@MamaMaud you can find the number to call via the 'need more help' button at the bottom of the page here (we can't post phone numbers on the forum,): https://www.sky.com/help/home

Or if you prefer, we can ask Sky's messaging,team to contact you here so that you can report it via a,private online chat.

This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent @MamaMaud an invite to chat.

MamaMaud
Topic Author

Thank you everyone for your replies but unfortunately none of the information helped because if you have an 86 year old mother who can't remember how she set up her account you don't stand a chance of contacting anyone helpful st sky.

Surely there has to be a straightforward way of someone reporting a fault on a line or has safeguarding/ GPDR gone so far that we can no longer help someone who desperately needs help.

As it happens we managed to trick the system to check the line and establish that there was a fault outside the house, but it shouldn't be this difficult Sky, you need to review your systems. 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Sky front line advisers simply can't do anything unless and until they've verified the identity of a customer. I imagine their systems are set up in such a way that they comply with legal and regulatory requirements.

As highlighted in the first reply, the Accessibility team may be the best people to speak to.

This message was authored by Kelsingra This message was authored by: Kelsingra

Posted by a Sky employee

Hey @MamaMaud 

Welcome to the Forum! 🙂

As you mentioned that you have emergency fall button and responder that don't work without the landline, I wanted to make sure that you know about our Accessibility Team who can give you extra support if needed.

Are you already signed up with the Accessibility Team? Once registered there are also different methods of communication with this team

https://www.skyaccessibility.sky/

Thank you for joining our Community Forum! 🙂

Fanni
Community Moderator

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion