Discussion topic: Landline dead but internet fine

This message was authored by Rlja This message was authored by: Rlja

Landline dead but internet fine

Hi,

found out today my landline is dead but internet working.(hence me being able to do this) I've tryed all the suggestions and nothing works.it all very well them giving me a phone number to ring but my bl---y phone not working so how do I ring them!!! (Mobile signal is so dreadful where I live you would need to be hanging on to the roof ,upside down,arm stretched out and praying no wind lol) I don't think I ever managed to have a full conversation with someone on my mobile without getting cut off.( imagine that to a call centre). My landline really is my life support if I'm feeling unwell I need to be able to ring for help,so how do I sort this and fast pleaseeeeeeee

All Replies

This message was authored by Maxmillykiera3 This message was authored by: Maxmillykiera3

Re: Landline dead but internet fine

Landline calls not heard by caller. Could it be phone or landline fault 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Rlja 

See if you can run this line test to see if a fault is found outside of your property and if something is found you can book an engineer repair:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/fix-phone-problems-start

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, @Rlja. I’ve escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this. 

Just look out for the colourful bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147 

Rlja
Topic Author

Thankyou,I managed to contact sky and they said there was a fault on the line and should be sorted within 2 days.I'm praying it is because the panic I was feeling today was unreal so someone is coming to stay with me tomorrow and hope it will be all sorted by the next

many thanks

This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @Rlja 

An invite was sent but there was no response within 48 hours so it has automatically closed.

If you still need help with this please let us know by posting on the forum again and we will get it escalated through to us.

Thanks
Tom
Rlja
Topic Author

Hi

i am sorry I didn't respond here.Im ill and not really checking my emails a lot.I did managed to speak to someone at sky (with great difficulty on my mobile due to signal,)and they told me there was a fault on my line and would be dealt with urgently due to my circumstances but I'm still without a telephone.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Rlja 

Sky will have passed the fault to Openreach to fix. There 'target' fix times are two days from the time they are notified. That is likely to extend if the repair involves digging up the road or pavement as they require permission from the local authority to carry out that work. In the meantime, the below link explains the Ofcom agreed auto compensation scheme which Sky operates for when there is a TOTAL loss of Sky Broadband or Sky Talk.
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/auto-compensation

If you have a total loss of service and it isn’t fixed after two full WORKING days from when you first report the fault to Sky, you will become eligible for it. It’s applied 30 days after the fault has been repaired and will come in the form of a credit appearing on your account.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion