Discussion topic: Landline Not Working but Internet Is OK

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Re: Landline Not Working but Internet Is OK

Posted by a Sky employee

Update-We are closing this session now due to no further response within 48 hours. If you still need help, please let us know so we can re-escalate this for you. Thanks.

StuartG1
Topic Author
This message was authored by StuartG1 This message was authored by: StuartG1

Hi @Addie15

The landline is still not working.  I've left it unplugged for 20 minutes and tried again but still no joy.  It's now two weeks since I reported it and I really need my landline.  The BT Openreach engineer said there was no problem with the handset.

Can you let me know how much you'll be reducing my bill to take into account the loss of service?

Many thanks,

Stuart

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@StuartG1 wrote:

Can you let me know how much you'll be reducing my bill to take into account the loss of service?

Sky won't reduce your bill, but you may be entitled to some compensation: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/auto-compensation

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@StuartG1 

You didn't engage fully in the latest escalation process. If we escalate it again will you be able to participate? 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
StuartG1
Topic Author

Hi @Daniel0210

I feel I did engage fully.  There was a message in chat two days ago that I didn't receive any notification of (no email or text or call).  If I'd received a notification I'd have responded to the message as soon as I'd been made aware.  Am I supposed to constantly check the chat that's been running for days?

Any frustration of mine is not directed at you (and I appreciate you responding).  It's just that after two weeks of reporting the problem this isn't really acceptable.

Thanks,

Stuart

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@StuartG1 

The alternative is you calling Sky from another line. Let us know. Sky might be able to confirm the current Openreach status of your fault.

When we escalate a post you have 48 hours to click on it and start the private chat or it will close automatically. If you fail to respond to a chat reply within 48 hours the chat will again close down automatically even if your issue hasn’t been resolved. Replies from Sky aren’t instant so you do need to check the chat thread fairly regularly.

This link explains the process.
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

Sky customer since 2001
StuartG1
Topic Author

Hi @Daniel0210

Thanks - I wasn't made aware of that.  I was told the Sky chat (the second related to the problem) was being left open and to let them know if any progress had been made (BT Openreach were in the process of running diagnostics).  No progress had been made or contact from either Sky or BT Openreach, so it's only when I checked last night I saw the chat message.

I can't call Sky from another line as my mobile is PAYG and I don't have sufficient balance.

Can the problem be escalated again?

Many thanks,

Stuart

@StuartG1 
I’ve re-escalated your post to Sky and the Messaging Team may contact you later.

Remember … You’ll have 48 hours to click and start the private chat or it will close automatically. If you fail to respond to a chat reply within 48 hours the chat will again close down automatically even if your issue hasn’t been resolved. Replies from Sky aren’t instant so you’ll need to check the chat thread fairly regularly.

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there! Thank you for escalating this.  We have sent an invite to @StuartG1.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion