Discussion topic: Landline Not Working but Internet Is OK

This message was authored by StuartG1 This message was authored by: StuartG1

Landline Not Working but Internet Is OK

My phone landline isn't working (no dial tone and cannot make or receive calls). My internet is working fine though. I've carried out all the checks the website suggests, but they haven't resolved the problem. I've been with Sky Talk for years so it's not a new account issue.

Thanks

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Landline Not Working but Internet Is OK

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Has this issue with the landline just started, so you have made no changes to your broadband package recently ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
StuartG1
Topic Author

There've been no changes to my package. It happened out of the blue either yesterday or Friday evening.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@StuartG1 

To get you some help with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team who should be in touch with you regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page. It can take up to a few hours to be contacted via this.

This link explains how this works so you will need to respond to the chat bubble at the bottom of the page when it appears:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear you will need to respond to it as soon as you can.
This isn't a live chat so replies are not instant.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
StuartG1
Topic Author

Thanks @caesarome - much appreciated.

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent @StuartG1 an invite to chat.

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Update - Spoken to @StuartG1 and after a few checks, we found an external fault which has been booked in with Openreach 🙂

Thanks

StuartG1
Topic Author

Hi @Lisa-P1987

BT Openreach still haven't come to fix the problem with my landline.  I received a text on 16/01 from Sky saying the problem had been fixed - it hasn't and nobody has been to my home to fix it.  A BT engineer said he'd come on Thursday afternoon.  He then said he was running late and would come first thing before any other appointments at 8:00am this morning (19/01).  He gave me his mobile number and I've texted him twice (08:21 and 09:36) but had no response.  It's now 11:30...

I really need my landline and I'd like a confirmed date and time from BT Openreach.

Stuart

Posted by a Sky employee

As today is the 5th working day, we would allow Openreach till after their appointment slot today before chasing it. Their latest slot's are 6pm and we typically see any updates from them round this time. 

So we would need to allow this time before doing anything,. 

Thanks

StuartG1
Topic Author

Hi Lisa-P1987

The BT Openreach engineer has just been.  He said that there was a dial tone a few days ago, but there isn't any more, and that the line has probably been turned off by Sky while they were running diagnostics.  Can you check if this is the case?

He also said Sky will then need to arrange for another engineer to come out (he's on leave for the next week).

Thanks,

Stuart

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@StuartG1 wrote:

He [the engineer] said that there was a dial tone a few days ago, but there isn't any more, and that the line has probably been turned off by Sky while they were running diagnostics.  Can you check if this is the case?

I find that hard to believe. Sky's diagnostics take minutes to run.

I think you'll need to wait until Sky receive Openreach's report this evening, then we can ask the messaging team, to contact you again here (tomorrow) so that you can arrange for another engineer.

Post again tomorrow and we can set it up for you if you wish.

StuartG1
Topic Author

Hi @Mark39

It did seem a little odd to me when he mentioned it.  I'll wait until tomorrow to see what's happening.

Thanks for your help - and also to @Lisa-P1987

Cheers,

Stuart

StuartG1
Topic Author

Hi

I just wondered if Sky have received the engineer's report and if another engineer can be scheduled to visit?

Thanks,

Stuart

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@StuartG1 you would need to speak to Sky to establish the current position. I've asked the messaging team to contact you here so that you can do that via a private online chat , as you did before.

This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent @StuartG1  an invite to chat.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion