Discussion topic: Intermittent phone sound

This message was authored by Lennon09 This message was authored by: Lennon09

Intermittent phone sound

I work from home using RTC phone and the quality of the sound is poor it breaks up and sounds very muffled,it's making my working day very difficult,I've been advised from our IT department that I should seek help from you.

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Intermittent phone sound

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Welcome to the Community 🙂

Just so you know,  we're mainly customers here, not Sky personnel. 

Are you using a standard analogue phone, or is this an IP phone that connects to your broadband service?

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Lennon09   From investigations an RTC phone is a web based VOIP phone setup and has nothing to do with Sky Talk landlines.

How is your works laptop/PC connecting to your hub?   Are you using ethernet?  If not I would suggest trying this as your home wifi may be slow.

Other than wifi being an issue I can't see how Sky can have any influence over the actual quality of the calls and to me your IT Dept is simply passing the buck here.

What have they previously advised you to do?  

I should point out I've used various phone systems when I worked during covid and never had any issues with call quality, but the key thing here is my works laptop was connected over ethernet cable to my Sky hub.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@GD1 wrote:

How is your works laptop/PC connecting to your hub?   Are you using ethernet?  If not I would suggest trying this as your home wifi may be slow.

Other than wiofi being an issue I can't see how Sky can have any influence over the actual quality of the calls and to me your IT Dept is simply passing the buck here.

You're ahead of me @GD1 👍! And I fully agree with you.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion