Discussion topic: If I join Sky, can they give me a telephone number that Virgin disconnected a month ago?

This message was authored by SteveBoyle This message was authored by: SteveBoyle

If I join Sky, can they give me a telephone number that Virgin disconnected a month ago?

Hi,

I'm looking for some help on behalf of my dad.  He's with Virgin currently and they've disconnected his landline and said theyre moving him to an IP line.  Long story but they've made a total mess of it and he's not had a phone for 6 weeks.  It looks like his old number that he's had for 40+ years has been disconnected too.

Anyone had any experience of moving to Sky and retrieving a disconnected number please?   It wouldnt matter if it was an IP line...just getting the number back is the important thing.

Cheers!

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: If I join Sky, can they give me a telephone number that Virgin disconnected a month ago?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

My understanding is that Sky can only port a telephone number from an active line, I'm afraid.

SteveBoyle
Topic Author
This message was authored by SteveBoyle This message was authored by: SteveBoyle

Re: If I join Sky, can they give me a telephone number that Virgin disconnected a month ago?

ah ok thanks! 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion