Discussion topic: I now have my phone plugged into the hub -

This message was authored by GwennieD1964 This message was authored by: GwennieD1964

I now have my phone plugged into the hub -

how do I get caller display working?  I've just plugged my phone into the hub and my caller display does not work.  Does anyone know how to set it up?

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: I now have my phone plugged into the hub -

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

When was your phone/broadband service activated? Are you able to make and receive calls with your phone plugged into the Hub?

GwennieD1964
Topic Author
This message was authored by GwennieD1964 This message was authored by: GwennieD1964

It was activated about 3 months ago - the telephone is working, it's just the caller display no longer shows who is calling, just the number

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

The Caller ID service itself doesn't display the name of the caller. If your phone 'knows' the number, because it's in your address book, it will usuallyt display the name in your address book in place of the number. If the number isn't in your address book it will only display the calling number. It's not a landline fault.

GwennieD1964
Topic Author

OK thank you - sorry for the confusion.    I have a  separate caller ID  display unit connected to my phone.   All the names of my contacts are were already saved on the unit.   When I was using the landline phone, when a call comes through it will display the name and the number.    Now it only displays the number (twice)

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@GwennieD1964 wrote:

I have a  separate caller ID  display unit connected to my phone.  

Such a device may simply be incompatible when 'phone' functionality switches to being carried over broadband, particularly if it's an older unit which was never designed with that in mind.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion