Discussion topic: Home landline with full fibre broadband

This message was authored by toriasummers This message was authored by: toriasummers

Home landline with full fibre broadband

I am getting FFB installed next week with Sky Talk but I am wondering, will my current analogue telephone work when plugged into the presumably new socket/hub?  In other words, a) will I still plug my existing landline phone into my existing analogue line or b) will I need a new home phone handset (presumably VOIP) to plug into the new hub/router?  Any help gratefully received, thanks.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: Home landline with full fibre broadband

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

A VOIP handset definitely won't work. You'll simply need to plug your existing handset into the phone socket at the back of the Sky Hub. The Hub does all the necessary conversion to send your phone signal via your fibre connection. 

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

A VOIP handset definitely won't work. You'll simply need to plug your existing handset into the phone socket at the back of the Sky Hub. The Hub does all the necessary conversion to send your phone signal via your fibre connection. 

toriasummers
Topic Author
This message was authored by toriasummers This message was authored by: toriasummers

@Mark39 thanks so much for such a swift and helpful reply!

This message was authored by Mowlie This message was authored by: Mowlie

Fibre broadband installed on Tues 29th August and now my landline is not ringing for incoming calls but i can call out have tried everything that has been suggested ie; turning everything off for 10mins no change checked phone volume etc etc etc still won't work any ideas anyone thank you

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Mowlie wrote:

Fibre broadband installed on Tues 29th August and now my landline is not ringing for incoming calls but i can call out have tried everything that has been suggested ie; turning everything off for 10mins no change checked phone volume etc etc etc still won't work any ideas anyone thank you

Is your phone plugged into your Sky Hub? Is the Voice light on the Hub lit? Green or amber?

This message was authored by Mowlie This message was authored by: Mowlie

Hi thanks for your reply happeee to say sky have sorted it took an age to get through but am now up and running 🏃‍♂️ 😀 👍 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion