Discussion topic: Handset shows as "Line Cord Error"

This message was authored by Jayne+hayward This message was authored by: Jayne+hayward

Handset shows as "Line Cord Error"

We have just moved from BT to Sky talk..  I asked to make sure my line was seperate from the broadband so it wasn't relying on the router and I was advised this was not an issue!  however my phone ever since the switch over shows as Line Cord Error - please check...  I cannot make and receieve calls which is not helpful as I am currently working from home and now having to use my mobile.  Please can you get this fixed asap.. I would call you but land line doesnt work! 

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Handset shows as "Line Cord Error"

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Does your Sky Hub have a Voice light which is lit? If so, you do have Sky VOIP (internet calls) and need to plug your handset into the socket at the back of the Hub.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Jayne+hayward wrote:

I asked to make sure my line was seperate from the broadband so it wasn't relying on the router

Have you checked that this is the case, does your router have a voice light on it and if it does is it lit up and if it is lit have you plugged the phone cable into the back of it ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Jayne+hayward
Topic Author
This message was authored by Jayne+hayward This message was authored by: Jayne+hayward

yes I have connected the phone directly to the back of the router and still the same! voice light is off on the router! 

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@Jayne+haywardWhen did you move from your old provider to Sky?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion