Discussion topic: Fibre just installed earlier today - but landline not working yet

This message was authored by NasSha This message was authored by: NasSha

Re: Fibre just installed earlier today - but landline not working yet

is yours sorted yet? if so, what did you/sky do to resolve it?

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@NasSha as posted previously it can take up to 24 hours for the phone service to be fully activated. I would suggest restarting both your Hub and the ONT (the box on the wall) tomorrow by turning them both off at the plug for 10 minutes. If it still isn't working then, post back and we can ask the messaging team to contact you so that you can report it if you wish.

This message was authored by gracie1948 This message was authored by: gracie1948

Exactly like me. I've bought a Motorola E211 digital phone, compatible with sky fibre hub. It take 16 hours to charge up. 8am tomorrow I will see if it works.  If not, I will ring the number on the email sent by Sky that tells me fibre and phone are up and running. Internet is great I must say. I just would like a working landline too.

jannie
Robocog
Topic Author
This message was authored by Robocog This message was authored by: Robocog

Mine has had a pretty good testing today by the mrs
Nothing to report - all is working fine as far as she can tell, both outgoing and incoming calls and clarity have been perfect
(I rang home a couple of times to make sure)

If there is ever a problem in the future I will just unplug the ONT and hub for 10 mins and turn them both on again to get them to sync up -  as it certainly did the trick with ours (hopefully it was only a one time thing)

This message was authored by gracie1948 This message was authored by: gracie1948

@Robocog No luck with turningoff and on  Got 4 green lights in front of the hub . bought a Motorola W211 digital landline.  Just tried it after charging up the batteries.  Nothing. Number not recognised, or just  a noise. Getting fed up now. I'm ringing them  up . May cancel and go elsewhere.  Its been 4 days since the engineer 'sorted 'everything. 

jannie

@gracie1948 I've not come across this Motorola model before. Have you tried plugging a standard corded phone into your Sky Hub?

@NasSha I'm having no luck either. I bought a digital landline compatible with Sky fibre hub. No luck, can't get through to anyone .It's going back. Got 4 green lights on my hub so I know everything is working. Its been 4 days now and Sky where looking into it. Heard nothing.  Sky email tells me everything is up and running  but it's not.

jannie

@Mark39 Just tried that, nothing. Sending the Motorola back . It's as if my number has been changed without my knowing.  Still got four green lights on the hub even though  the phone line is unplugged. May try the off and on one more time, then a call to Sky. 

jannie

@gracie1948 wrote:

@Mark39 Just tried that, nothing. Sending the Motorola back . It's as if my number has been changed without my knowing.  Still got four green lights on the hub even though  the phone line is unplugged. May try the off and on one more time, then a call to Sky. 

Yes, 4 green lights even with the phone unplugged is normal. Does your phone have a dial tone? If so, try dialling 17070 and,the recorded message will tell you what your number is.

@Mark39 just a noise, rang from my mobile and get number not recognised.  I think its not been registered or whatever is supposed to happen why you swap. Thanks for the info anyway. I've done everything I can ,so must be from the open reach end. 

jannie

@gracie1948 did you see my previous post?

@Mark39 about ringing?  Yes, just a noise , somehow my number is lost. 

jannie

@gracie1948 OK, if turning off the ONT and your Sky Hub again for 10 minutes doesn't resolve it, we can ask the messaging team to contact you here, rather than you having to call, if you wish.

@Mark39 That would be great. I have  hearing problems    so text is always better for me.  Thanks for your help. 

jannie

@gracie1948 try the switching off first, then let us know.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion