Discussion topic: Can I send a fax by using the sky modem ?

This message was authored by Mark37 This message was authored by: Mark37

Can I send a fax by using the sky modem ?

Hi Everyone,I normally sent faxes through my copper landline ,that the small white box thats on the wall for the phone.

So I now moved to sky talk ,and do anyone know can I  still send faxes, as the line copper line is now dosconnected,and all I have is the Sky modem which my phone is connected to..Any advice please is appreciated. And solutions.Thanks.

Best Answers
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

Re: Can I send a fax by using the sky modem ?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Mark37 

Rather than being a 'modem' the Sky Broadband Hub is a router with an Analogue Terminal Adapter built-in (although for FTTC and G.fast  broadband it also uses internal VDSL modem functionality).

The best thing to do is try it and find out: the ATA is supposed to emulate analogue over VOIP but as fax is now almost entirely obsolete it may not have been considered. You can double up the 'phone' port on the rear of the Hub with a standard passive splitter to plug in a separate fax device if you wish.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Mark37 

Rather than being a 'modem' the Sky Broadband Hub is a router with an Analogue Terminal Adapter built-in (although for FTTC and G.fast  broadband it also uses internal VDSL modem functionality).

The best thing to do is try it and find out: the ATA is supposed to emulate analogue over VOIP but as fax is now almost entirely obsolete it may not have been considered. You can double up the 'phone' port on the rear of the Hub with a standard passive splitter to plug in a separate fax device if you wish.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Mark37
Topic Author
This message was authored by Mark37 This message was authored by: Mark37

@TimmyBGood 

Thank you for that advice,I did as you said and connected it to the rear of the modem,it done the job,I was also able to recieve a reply back to me to my fax..Thanks again for your help.

This message was authored by sirdigby This message was authored by: sirdigby

What is your actual use case for sending a fax, does something specifically require it or are you just seeing if you still can?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion