Discussion topic: Call divert not working

This message was authored by Hanger+3 This message was authored by: Hanger+3

Re: Call divert not working

@PhillSQ  Am the exact same

o called BT in November as sky told me it was a BT issue but it's now av been waiting since December for a call back from them and yet still nothing tired to call start of January and was hung up on 3 times after being put on hold. 

last week I managed to talk to this nice girl from sky and when she tired to call my business landline and it went dead with 3 blank tones with her and she promised me a call back within 48 hours an team would fix it and still nothing and it was 7 days ago. Tomorrow all A BT customer after years. Sky are absolute joke robbing **bleep** snakes 🐍 

This message was authored by Hanger+3 This message was authored by: Hanger+3

skys a joke they should be ashamed 🐀 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@PhillSQ wrote:

It's been over 2 months now and still call divert not working. Today I contacted BT Openreach as Sky say the problems with them, BT Openreach advised it's definitely not with them and it wouldn't take 2 months to fix it. It appears Sky are simply lying to there customers and the fact they can't give a date of when being fixed. I have requested call backs from Sky and at management level and still they don't call back. 

I shall be taking this a legal route now.

Perhaps you missed Sky's post earlier in this very thread, acknowledging the issue.....

This message was authored by PhillSQ This message was authored by: PhillSQ

Yes they did acknowledge they had a fault,  2 months is an unreasonable time to repair a service that a customer is paying for and the hundreds it's affecting ..

This message was authored by Divert This message was authored by: Divert

I've left sky didn't charge me for leaving I moved my landline and internet to bt paying the same amount and divert working took 14 days to change provider I kept sky tv 

This message was authored by Taxwise This message was authored by: Taxwise

Yeah, they are a disgrace.  Very frustrating that a company of their size and with the resources they have that they can't seem to identify what is causing the problem. 

This is what I'm going to do and presumably what others will do, ie, find a company that can provide the service we are paying for. 

NikRob81
Topic Author
This message was authored by NikRob81 This message was authored by: NikRob81

@Taxwise I moved to EE December... Sky was admanet this service wasn't of importance because its only an add on feature so getting it fixed isn't a priority... that was my time to leave. EE working absolutely fine no issues and actually the broadband is quicker 

The part that states they will provide a service, as clearly by not providing the divert service, which they are being paid for, and not being able to offer any reasonably remedy, they are not fulfilling their side of the contract.

To answer your other question,  i think you know what I mean.  Their router isn't great, i have to use an Ethernet cable to get a half reliable connection in the PC which is next to the router and the Wi-Fi speed coming into the property is below their minimum guaranteed speed.

This message was authored by Divert This message was authored by: Divert

@Taxwise @Ring them back I got my divert monthly fee back from October when my issues started I complained and told them to speak to their manager this is when I asked for £20 and I got it 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Taxwise wrote:

The part that states they will provide a service, as clearly by not providing the divert service, which they are being paid for, and not being able to offer any reasonably remedy, they are not fulfilling their side of the contract.

To answer your other question,  i think you know what I mean.  Their router isn't great, i have to use an Ethernet cable to get a half reliable connection in the PC which is next to the router and the Wi-Fi speed coming into the property is below their minimum guaranteed speed.

I don't know which section specifically you're referring to, however Sky consider Call Divert to be an add-on and not a material part of the service, which is why it's not the highest priority to fix, but feel free to argue your case. Bit pointless, though,  if Sky are allowing affected customers to terminate their contracts penalty free anyway, as posted previously.

There's no WiFi coming into your property from  Sky.

Broadband - nobody likes a smart bottom 🙄

Are you sure you don't work for Sky?  😘

This message was authored by forbespip This message was authored by: forbespip

Ongoing problem since early December...endless calls to Sky, some helpful,  others clue-less....helpful guy actually gave name of manager in charge, Stephen Warnock, and stated 'roll out' of testing(because it's all linked to useless BT Openreach, of course) would begin  second week in Jan....last call 16th Jan, again helpful guy looked into it, did actually call me back(miracle!) to say this won't be fixed "anytime soon".... say WHAT!!!!! **bleep** does that mean?? My divert goes to my business number causing all sorts of problems..if not fixable,  they should ruddy well tell us customers!!!! Anyone had further update?

This message was authored by Truffleblack This message was authored by: Truffleblack

Has anyone spoken to open reach?

I have an engineer coming out to check my line today and it's a question I'll be asking. It could be a call divert issue even if you switch if open reach are the cause? Potentially...

This message was authored by Neil+c+fax This message was authored by: Neil+c+fax

They came to mine checked the line etc and it was fine the call divert issue is a sky talk issue and nothing to do with the BT line and they know this and it's disgusting that they send engineers to waste their valuable time, it's called stalling for time my advice is find a different provider I have BT coming a week today to install BT fibre 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion