Discussion topic: Broadband

This message was authored by Lillielouise This message was authored by: Lillielouise

Broadband

Hi

i have received a text from a mobile number saying I have you on the 7th coming and I have to reply KEEP to keep my appointment with you, I wanted to check with yourself first before I respond to it as it's a mobile number and doesn't come up with sky like my other text messages have from you ? 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

Re: Broadband

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Lillielouise 
This is a customer helps customer forum. You aren’t addressing a Sky Customer Service agent here. Are you expecting a visit from a Sky or Openreach engineer? 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

@Lillielouise 
This is a customer helps customer forum. You aren’t addressing a Sky Customer Service agent here. Are you expecting a visit from a Sky or Openreach engineer? 

Sky customer since 2001
Lillielouise
Topic Author
This message was authored by Lillielouise This message was authored by: Lillielouise

Yes, I wanted to know if the mobile number that's asking me to reply KEEP for my appointment on 7th or if it is you guys ? 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

We're customers here, so don't know, I'm afraid. If you've already booked an appointment on 7th, the likelihood is that it's genuine. It's most likely from the engineer,  rather, than directly from Sky, hence the mobile number.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Lillielouise 

As I said, we are customers so it won't be from us guys (or girls). You haven't said why they're coming out. Anything show in in your orders?
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/track-sky-order

You could call Sky and ask them if you're still unsure. 

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Lillielouise wrote:

Yes, I wanted to know if the mobile number that's asking me to reply KEEP for my appointment on 7th or if it is you guys ? 

I don't think there's much risk anyway in just sending a one word text message. It's not as though you're giving away any personal information.

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@Lillielouise  If you are expecting Openreach or Sky to be coming on this date then yes send the word " Keep ". I have had similar texts to do with Openreach.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion