Discussion topic: Broadband not working and no dial tone on landline

This message was authored by Dylpower94 This message was authored by: Dylpower94

Broadband not working and no dial tone on landline

Hi there,

I lost internet connectivity on Christmas Eve but since the weather was very bad I thought nothing of it usually it comes back after a while but this time round it didn't. I checked the landline and there was no dial tone. When I tested the connection it gave me a number to call that just sent me back to the test connection page. 

Is there something wrong with the landline? If so, is there a number I can call to get it fixed.

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Broadband not working and no dial tone on landline

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Dylpower94 

To get you some help with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team who should be in touch with you regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page. It can take up to a few hours to be contacted via this.

This link explains how this works so you will need to respond to the chat bubble at the bottom of the page when it appears:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear you will need to respond to it as soon as you can.
This isn't a live chat so replies are not instant.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent @Dylpower94 an invite to chat.

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
Dylpower94
Topic Author
This message was authored by Dylpower94 This message was authored by: Dylpower94

This issue has still not been resolved. An engineer was supposed to call but as of now has not. 

Dylpower94
Topic Author

Is there anyone I can get in contact to fix this issue. I have been waiting for nearly two weeks with no Internet service. 

When was the engineer due and have you spoken to Sky since to let them know it has not been repaired as they will need to look nto what the delay with a Openreach is.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Dylpower94
Topic Author

I have not spoken to anyone since the last time. I was told to expect an engineer in 3 - 5 days on the 28th of December, I knew it might take longer because of the New Year Celebrations so I haven't tried to make contact till today 

I would definitely give them a call today so they can look into this for you.

Dylpower94
Topic Author

What is the number of you don't mind me asking? 

@Dylpower94 

150 is the free number to use from a Sky Mobile or Sky Talk phone otherwise under "Need more help ?" link at the bottom of the page on this link is the number to call Sky on:

https://www.sky.com/help/home

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion