Discussion topic: very strange problem

This message was authored by satmankilkeel This message was authored by: satmankilkeel

very strange problem

I have been installing sky digital for over 25 years and never have I had this problem occur before. I have a customer who had a rotten dish by the seaside and showing no satellite signal so we agreed for me to change the dish to a new one.. I did this and my meter eas showing striong results from his pole installation. I went to reconnect his sky + hd box for fta channels and it was saying no satellite signal being received along with tyour box is still initilising please return in a few minutes for this featue. I put my meter on the cable inside the caravan and it showed clearly there was a signal. I then came back and pit a sky + box in place and a technomate reciver and all showing no signal. I then opted for the idea of running a cable from another satellite dish across from their caravan and although it was quitee a long run of cable it showed up with a signal  on the sky boxes. I  came to the conclusion that there was a cable issue so we agreed for me to install new cable to the dish. I did this and upon connecting to the stb low and behold the same thing no signal. I decided to change the lnb to a new quad not a sky q type lnb just a standard quad. same thing no signal. I did a software update still no satellite signal being received. I check ed the satellite signal again with my meter and even reinforced the pole installation but still nothing. I wonder can anyone figure this one out for me cheers

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: very strange problem

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Not an expert here - but the only device that registered a signal from the dish was your meter? Is there any possibility that the dish is pointing at the wrong satellite cluster? It looks like you've ruled out the LNB, the dish and the cabling (connectors too?) and the box! @Godfrey is our undoubted expert who may be able to comment.

satmankilkeel
Topic Author
This message was authored by satmankilkeel This message was authored by: satmankilkeel

Mark thanks for  the godfrey chap I sent him a copy of the posting.

I doubt it that the dish is  looking at the wrong satellite. I have several dishes on this caravan site.. Hopefully Godfrey might have an idea cheers

This message was authored by Godfrey This message was authored by: Godfrey

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@satmankilkeel  Nothing comes to mind immediately, I will post again if I come up with a possible logical explanation

satmankilkeel
Topic Author

Logical is the key word Godfrey, none of my colleagues can figure this one out. Tomorrow I will try using a dish on a concrete base in a different location and if no joy then I will install fta antenna

cheers

Martin

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion