Discussion topic: last contractual year for offers do you think?

This message was authored by HeathHayle This message was authored by: HeathHayle

last contractual year for offers do you think?

hi guys do you think the current contract we are in will be the last sky will do with offers to force people onto Q if they want to stay with sky for satellite tv 

==============================
= Sky+ SD boxes x4 (pace bskyb 3100) ===

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: last contractual year for offers do you think?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@HeathHayle  Most people don't renegotiate their current deals so existin g con tract will simply continue.

What you're asking for requires a crystal ball which no one posses.

It's more likely anyone with Sky+HD  equipment won't be forced on to Sky Q  given the limited lifespan of the satellites.

As long as their existing boxes continue to work there is no need to move to Q.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

HeathHayle
Topic Author
This message was authored by HeathHayle This message was authored by: HeathHayle

sorry what I mean was the discounts fall off and you have to pay the full price and thats a lot of money if you work it out

This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

@HeathHayle I wouldn't have thought so. The majority of customers who have stuck with Sky+HD this long don't want Sky Q and would probably cancel if forced to pay full price. 

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD
HeathHayle
Topic Author

sorry again what I meant was if you dont get discounts they drop off and and you wanted to carry on with sky+ you would have to pay full price I was just wondering what peoples opinion was do they think sky might continue to offer discounts

HeathHayle
Topic Author

I think the end of sky+ is close

I think but I hope I am wrong about the end of sky+ being soon but had a weird conversation with an agent I have had issues with my mutiroom its getting sorted out but noticed that on my bill there is only one mutiroom charge so I queried this and they said the sky Q line one mutiroom covers the whole house and I said thats sky Q not plus they said they would check came back same reply so seems like sky (comcast) doesnt want to keep two billing systems going thought this sounds interesting 

HeathHayle
Topic Author

I think that advisor got it wrong another advisor said what I always thought £15 per box on sky+ mutiroom

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@HeathHayle wrote:

I think that advisor got it wrong another advisor said what I always thought £15 per box on sky+ mutiroom

That's my understanding.

Sky Q does have a single Multiscreen charge regardless of the number of Mini boxes.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion