Discussion topic: Using SKY+ in a Static Caravan

This message was authored by Jistin This message was authored by: Jistin

Re: Using SKY+ in a Static Caravan

Hi buddy..did you find a solution...we also had a caravan (well Just purchased a new one recently) 

Was a tourer and use to have to take the box ,card with us...we had a  dish on a tripod what we use to put outside caravan and put away when leaving site....trouble with sky go as suggested is you also need Internet....but to stream would be poor quality as we also tried a firestick as a alternative but that was poor also....taking the box is only option I have found so far....so if you found a new way please share..👍

Kindest regards

J

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jistin 

We are obliged to repeat that using the Viewing Card away from the subscription address is not permitted by the T&C's you have agreed to abide by, and so discussion of such things is outside the remit of this forum.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Yes that's why i asked if there was any alternative just incase I wanted sky in caravan again...

But thank you for the heads up tho,sometimes we don't fully read the t&c ,but I will now,I'm sorry

This message was authored by Premierphil This message was authored by: Premierphil

I'm wondering about this too. From what I've read sky say that it must be viewed at your address that you give them 'from time to time'. I'm guessing that legally this could be changed each time you go to the static (if it has an address) and then back again when you leave. You'd obviously need a dish at the static site too. 
Please confirm your view on this Mr Sky. 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

We're a customer Community @Premierphil . It's unlikely that Sky will reply to your post. You could always give them a call.

This message was authored by Premierphil This message was authored by: Premierphil

Ok

maybe a super user can help with the scenario I think might work for many people. 
sky go is ok but you need good WiFi to watch live sport and many static sites don't have that or even good 4g, as like my house they're rural!

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Sky Go is the option if you don't want a full account at the second address

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Premierphil wrote:

I'm guessing that legally this could be changed each time you go to the static (if it has an address) and then back again when you leave.

The static caravan would need an individual entry on the Royal Mail PAF to be selectable as 'the address' by Sky.  Even if that were the case, each change would be logged and after the first couple of switches it would become obvious to Sky that the user was playing the system in a way that is not intended to be permitted by the contract: remember they don't actually have to provide service to such a customer at all, in either location.

To be honest I'm seriously thinking of leaving sky as are a lot of my customers as it has really gone down hill very fast.

The movies are basically repeats,never any good films on anymore,not like it use to be.(not sure when disney + started they pulled all films from sky!

Also when you search for a film to watch,now you end up having to pay,we're before you could search for a film & watch it with no extra charge...

And another thing is you download a film to planner & they delete it after a certain amount of time...

All the above were never a issue 

,but seems sky is there to give you a inferior service but want more money for it....

Even worse now its all going over the net...so if loads people all online same time,I suspect films will Lagg & possibly connection problems..

Sky has lost my vote,been a customer for around 25 years and not worth the money I pay now,I paid £75 pm for years for all channels,and I'm starting to think not value for money anymore.

Just my 2p worth!!!!!

This message was authored by HeathHayle This message was authored by: HeathHayle

have sky changed their T&C over the years then because wasnt the whole point of the Pace 1000 Sky Minibox Javelin Satellite Receiver Box for it to be used in a caravan?

==============================
= Sky+ SD boxes x4 (pace bskyb 3100) ===

@HeathHayle wrote:

have sky changed their T&C over the years then because wasnt the whole point of the Pace 1000 Sky Minibox Javelin Satellite Receiver Box for it to be used in a caravan?

Not really relevant as the Viewing Card can only be use at the registered address, AFAIK this has been in the T&C for a very long time

This message was authored by HeathHayle This message was authored by: HeathHayle

so whats the point of the Pace 1000 Sky Minibox Javelin Satellite Receiver Box then?

@HeathHayle wrote:

so whats the point of the Pace 1000 Sky Minibox Javelin Satellite Receiver Box then?

For people who could have a FULL subscription in their caravan I guess, so you would pay 2 subscriptions thus not breaking the T&Cs

ah ok makes sense

@HeathHayle wrote:

Not a lot, really, given it's approaching two decades in age and (I think) about to lose all reception ability with the end of DVB-S carriage. Maybe a conversation piece when trying to explain to the grandkids what 'television' was...

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion