Discussion topic: Switch on your Sky+HD box and TV in one go

This message was authored by StephenSky This message was authored by: StephenSky

Switch on your Sky+HD box and TV in one go

I have just replaced my SkyHD remote with a new one. I am trying to get my TV to switch on (and Sky Box) like my old remote use to do, with a single press of the 'Sky' button. This was always a function of the remote, NOT the TV.

The Sky 'help' suggest changing a setting on the TV which I don't want.

Is anyone here old enough to remember how to program the remote with the macro code that use to enable this function?

Best Answers
This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK Answer

Re: Switch on your Sky+HD box and TV in one go

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

If your TV supports it HDMI control is the way to go

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/hdmi-one-touch-play#

OR

First Set the remote control to TV Mode, then turn on the TV that you want to operate.
Press and hold the <<Select>> and <<Green>> keys simultaneously on the remote control for a minimum of 1.5 seconds, until the LED blinks twice.
Key in the number of the channel on your TV that you use for watching satellite TV.
Press <Select> on the remote control. The red light blinks twice, your correct TV channel will now be selected when you press the TV Guide button etc.

If you wish to cancel this function, simply repeat the above procedure, but ignore step 3, just press <Select> without entering a channel number.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK Answer

If your TV supports it HDMI control is the way to go

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/hdmi-one-touch-play#

OR

First Set the remote control to TV Mode, then turn on the TV that you want to operate.
Press and hold the <<Select>> and <<Green>> keys simultaneously on the remote control for a minimum of 1.5 seconds, until the LED blinks twice.
Key in the number of the channel on your TV that you use for watching satellite TV.
Press <Select> on the remote control. The red light blinks twice, your correct TV channel will now be selected when you press the TV Guide button etc.

If you wish to cancel this function, simply repeat the above procedure, but ignore step 3, just press <Select> without entering a channel number.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@StephenSky try: TV, press Select & 7 together (LED should flash twice) and press Select to confirm.

StephenSky
Topic Author
This message was authored by StephenSky This message was authored by: StephenSky

Annie, you are a frigin' superstar!! No amount of googling gave me that simple answer. I have now printed off for any future use. Thank you so much...

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion