Discussion topic: Sudden failure after 10 years to connect to Broadband

This message was authored by Flay This message was authored by: Flay

Sudden failure after 10 years to connect to Broadband

My Skybox is 10,years old.  Initially no problem in connecting.  But then it failed periodically but turning the box off and back on always cured it.   But no longer.  
Does it mean my box is past it?  After so long with excellent (or latterly almost excelllent) service I am reluctant to blame my set-up.

Any advice greatly appreciated.  Don't even mind a service visit.  One can hardly complain after 10 trouble free years!

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Sudden failure after 10 years to connect to Broadband

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Flay wrote:

My Skybox is 10,years old.  

Presumably a Sky+ box?  That forum is probably more appropriate.

Is this Sky+ HD with built-in networking, or using an external 'Sky On-demand' adapter over either USB or ethernet?

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Flay
Topic Author
This message was authored by Flay This message was authored by: Flay

Re: Sudden failure after 10 years to connect to Broadbandes a Sky+HD

Yes, a Sky+HD box.  I know  very little because I took over a system.  The box could be older I guess.  But all is now working!   Despite my fear of making things worse I went back to basics and started set-up all over again.  Maybe the box, like me, does forget things as it ages and forgot my hub code!

Anyway, thanks for your reply Tim

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion