Discussion topic: Sky plus box

This message was authored by Geoffjacks This message was authored by: Geoffjacks

Sky plus box

My mother in law has got a sky plus box and every now and then the screen and sound go fuzzy , I have changed the hdmi cable , the tv is only a year old  and the signal is very good . 
The sky box is 9years old now so not sure what is going on with the channels .

any help would be much appreciated.

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Sky plus box

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

It's very difficult to know what the issue is from your description, but given the age of the box, I wouldn't rule out hardware failure.

Geoffjacks
Topic Author
This message was authored by Geoffjacks This message was authored by: Geoffjacks

I did wonder if the sky box  is faulty , I've been trying to get in touch with Sky but I am still on hold .

thanks for your reply 

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@Geoffjacks wrote:

I did wonder if the sky box  is faulty , I've been trying to get in touch with Sky but I am still on hold .

thanks for your reply 

@Geoffjacks please be aware that the likely response from SKy will be to switch over to SKY Q which may not be the best option. 

Please see some notes I have put together just in case they may be useful:

SKY + to SKY Q 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Geoffjacks I agree with @nigea99 that Sky will almost certainly tell you you need to switch to Sky Q. If your MIL doesn't want to do that, have a look at used boxes available cheaply on ebay etc. Don't pay more than £30 or so, and look for a DRX890 or DRX895 model as they're the most recent (albeit still no later than 2015/2016). 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion